Moving

!Sad!

---

As you grew up, you realized that not all your brothers were going to stay around. It first happened when you were sixteen. Jin moved out to live with his wife. He still lived close – just a few minutes down the road, actually – but now he had someone else to devote his time to. He was married, had a great job, and sooner or later, he was going to have kids. He would try to come over in the mornings and make breakfast for you, but since the number of Kim's under the roof was decreasingly rapidly, he stopped. The last breakfast he made for you at home was your last day of high school.

Yoongi moved out just before you graduated from college. He had made sure that you and Jungkook were ready to be on your own. He packed up and moved farther into Seoul into a little apartment. He never really visited you that much and you missed his morning sarcasm quite a bit, but you figured he had to move on at some point and venture out on his own.

Hoseok moved to a nice little house with his girlfriend that was in the country. He said good-bye the summer you graduated high school, too. He came every now and then, but he had a good, stable job where he lived as a pediatric doctor.

Namjoon also moved closer into the big city like Yoongi. He had moved just as you finished up your senior year of high school. He rented an apartment on the other side of town, so he was pretty far from you. There, he could finish his schooling before he went to work with Jin. He had a girlfriend and you hoped that they would get married just because he devoted everything to her.

Jimin had stayed in his childhood home for a while, but later he moved out after his twin did, seeing as you and Jungkook were pretty stable alone. Plus, you had Yoongi there to keep watch over you two. He stayed single for a while. He wasn't even dating anyone when you later got married at twenty-six. He told you that he was waiting for the right one, and you were glad that he was trying to take his time.

Jungkook stayed with you. He believed it was his job to make sure you were okay until you finally decided that it was your turn to branch out. When you got engaged, he decided it was time to leave you. He didn't like it one bit, thinking that something was going to happen the first second he took his eyes away from you. But you guaranteed your safety. He moved into Seoul like Yoongi and Namjoon, but he was the closest to you out of the three. He visited often and called you a lot (more than Jin, even.)

But the hardest move was Taehyung's. He moved the summer between your freshman and sophomore year of college. You remember when he told you that he was thinking of moving and you were devastated. You needed him with you. You still weren't finished with school. What if you needed a pep-talk? Where would you go? He told you that he could call you, but you said that it wouldn't be the same. You thought it was all joke and that he would just move in next door and be like "ha ha, look I moved." But when you saw airplane tickets on the coffee table and several bags near the door, you couldn't help but feel your heart shatter.

"To Japan I go," you heard Taehyung chuckle as he stood in the kitchen.

"Be safe," Jimin said. "I can't lose you. I almost lost you once, I'm not going through that again." He was referring to when Taehyung almost died when he was born. It was an unspoken joke between the two since no one else thought it was a laughing matter.

"You'll call us when you leave right? And when you touch down?" Jungkook asked as he ate his breakfast.

"Yeah, you better," Yoongi retorted.

"I will, I will," Taehyung promised. You heard footsteps and you tried to wipe your tears away before your brother saw them. They just kept falling, though, and you cursed your soft heart when you felt someone sit next to you on the couch. "Hey, princess, are you okay?"

You shook your head before leaning on him. He hugged you close and you sobbed into his coat. "You're leaving me."

"Oh, stop," Taehyung chided. "You're going to make me cry."

"You should," you muttered. "You're really hurting me."

"(Y/N), you're going to move one day, and just think how much that's going to kill us," he said. "Sure, we won't all be here, but we're going to be crying, too. Our princess will be all grown up and be living off on her own."

"Yeah, but I need you here," you cried. "What am I supposed to do when I doubt myself? I can't come cry in your arms, because you won't be there."

You heard him sniffle and you looked up to see tears running down his face. "I would explain more about this, but I'm going to be ugly crying in five seconds," he stammered. He looked up, letting the tears go back into his eyes. He taught you that trick when you first started wearing makeup. He wasn't wearing any, and neither were you, but it was a handy trick to make yourself stop crying.

"I'm sorry I'm making you cry," you said. You're nineteen, (Y/N)! Get it together!

"Well, I'm making you cry, so it's pay back," Taehyung murmured, his nose still in the air.

"You will visit, though, right?" you asked him.

"Hopefully," he answered. "I'll call you guys, definitely. And you know that you can text me whenever. Call me. Face Time me. I don't care. Write letters. Whatever."

"You'll answer, right?"

Taehyung looked at you, his eyes red and puffy now. "Why wouldn't I?"

You felt your lips quiver and you noticed his did as soon as he saw yours. You both started crying again and you heard more footsteps.

"Thank God, I wasn't the only one," you heard Jimin sigh. You looked up and noticed he had tear stains on his cheeks.

"Do I have to hide mine still?" Jungkook asked, peeking out from the kitchen. His eyes were red, too, and you realized that everyone was upset over Taehyung leaving, not just you.

"Babies," Yoongi murmured as he walked out of the kitchen past Jungkook, but the crack in his voice told you that he was probably just as devastated as you and the others. He went up to his room, though, so you didn't get to see his meltdown.

"You guys are going to make me stay," Taehyung groaned, standing.

"Then it's working," Jungkook replied.

Taehyung looked at his watch, and his lips formed a line. "I... I should get going, now."

You, Jimin, and Jungkook watched as he grabbed his things and walk over to the door. He turned around and you waited for him to leave, but he just stood there and stared at you three. "Uh, Jimin, are you going to take me there?" he asked, his voice hoarse from crying.

Jimin wiped his eyes, but he was facing your problem, too. When one would get wiped away, two would take its place. "Driving while crying is an obstruction to your vision. Therefore, it is a safety hazard for the driver, as well as the passengers."

Taehyung's mouth went up in a small grin. "You guys really are going to make me stay."

He didn't, of course, but you don't think you got over him leaving until you graduated college.

---

have a nice weekend and stay hydrated!