It's Becoming Too Much

Taehyung poked his head in your room to make sure you were asleep, but when he opened the door, he saw that you were not in your bed, cozy and warm. Instead, you were on the floor with the lights on, your laptop in front of you, and several pieces of paper lying about. You looked up and sighed. "I know, I know. I'll be in bed in a minute."

"You're fine," Taehyung argued, shutting the door behind him and sitting down beside you. He looked around at your messy setup and noticed the camera he had given you was lying nearby. "What is all this?"

You groaned and put the notebook that you were holding down. You then laid down, your head resting on your brother's knee. "I have too much stuff to do."

"Homework?" he asked, but the tabs that were pulled up on the screen on your laptop told him different.

"I wouldn't call it homework," you said. "I voluntarily signed up for Yearbook, not for the school newspaper."

"Oh? I didn't know you were doing the paper." Taehyung situated himself so you were in a more comfortable position in his lap.

"I didn't, either," you growled. "This girl from my class just signed me up."

Taehyung started playing with your hair. "What do you have to do?"

"I'm managing editor, so I'm basically just the girl-in-charge's right hand man. But then I'm a featured editor, so I have to write a big piece every week. But I already have Yearbook to take care of," you explained.

You heard Taehyung chuckle and you sat up. "Why are you laughing? This is serious!"

Your brother smiled before ruffling your hair. "Sophomore year of high school seems to repeat itself."

"What do you mean?"

"I had the same problem. You know I did yearbook, but I also did the newspaper. For a few months at least. I had your jobs, as well," he giggled.

"No way," you murmured, a bit shocked.

He nodded. "I had to stay up a lot. Like every night, just trying to get yearbook stuff done and an article written for the paper. And on top of that, I had homework and other things, like the school play."

"What did you do then?" you questioned, looking for a way out of this hole you were stuck in.

Taehyung shrugged. "I just told the girl that I quit. I hadn't signed up myself, like you. She signed me up. And she was editor-in-chief, which made me the one that did most everything while she just overlooked it all. I would advise you to clock out before she gets nasty."

"But it's too late," you sighed. "Our drafts are due in two days."

Taehyung took your paper from your notebook and ripped it up. "Princess, you didn't even sign up for it. Don't act like you owe them something when you don't. Don't waste your time with something you didn't even want to do in the first place."

You nodded, a little relieved that you had someone to help you through all this. You picked up your phone and handed it to your brother. "Can you text her? I don't know what to say."

Taehyung smiled and pinched your cheek. "Of course!" He then went to typing, and soon he handed you your phone. "All done! Now get to bed, okay? I heard you have an English test tomorrow over the chapters you had to read last week."

You stood and helped your brother up before he helped you clean up. He then tucked you in, planting a little kiss on your nose before he departed from you.

---

(((secretly written towards a girl in my class shhhh)))