Missing You

Requested by msjjbb. I hope you like it and thank you for requesting!

this one is a lot longer than i thought it would be so i'm happy!

---

Jimin yawned, his legs swinging over the side of his bed and his bare feet touching the cold floor beneath him. His soft blankets fell away from him as he stood, and the only thing he could hear was his brother's quiet breaths as he slept in the bed beside his. Jimin swallowed before yawning for the umpteenth time, his arms rising above his head and stretching. His feet began to move his body over to the door, reminding him that if he didn't hurry to the bathroom, he'd have to quietly mop the floor and hope Namjoon wouldn't wake up and laugh at him.

Jimin slowly closed the door to his room behind him and sighed when it was fully shut. He hurried to the bathroom, a blue night-light shining in the bathroom and spilling onto the wood floor of the hallway as his guide. He did his business and when he was returning, a strange noise cut into the white noise he heard in the dead of night. He slowed his walking and listened to it as it gradually became louder before a golden light illuminated the crack underneath the door across from his – your door.

This wasn't the first time he had heard you crying in your room at midnight. He normally thought it was from a sad movie you were watching or a book you were reading (since you had been reading quite a lot lately). But considering how often he heard your sniffles from behind your door, Jimin thought about confiscating your books and telling you to find happier ones instead. Jimin touched the cold doorknob and slowly opened your door and peered in to see you wiping your eyes with two tissues.

"Psst," he hissed, quiet enough to not be obnoxious but loud enough to get your attention and not be mistaken for a weird noise of the night.

You jumped and looked up, your red, teary eyes snapping to your brother. You grimaced. "Ah, I'm sorry. I'll get to sleep soon, I swear." You leaned over to your nightstand and went to turn your lamp off but Jimin stopped you.

"Hey, it's no biggie," he reassured and you leaned back to your bed. "It's just I've been hearing you crying a lot recently and I wanted to come in and tell you to stop reading sad books." Jimin looked at your blankets, but there wasn't an open book resting between the creases of your covers. Only soggy tissues. "But you aren't reading anything."

You seemed ashamed as these words slipped off his tongue. "Um, yeah," you muttered, wiping your nose. "I'm not. I finished my book around noon today and I don't know which one to read next."

Jimin nodded and came over to sit on your bed. "So, what's up? Are you still having scary nightmares?"

You hesitated to answer. "You could say that I guess." You sighed, grabbing one of the giant teddy-bears you owned. You had two, but Jimin recognized this one as the one he had gotten you to try to beat Jungkook at being the better oppa. Only you had rejected him, but still kept the plush. It was now your comfort stuffed animal and was strictly for sad moments. Jungkook's was merely decoration now and was placed on the floor, your laptop bag using the white bear as a cushion from your carpeted floor. "I've just been thinking."

"About what?" Jimin pushed.

You shrugged. "Just... eomma and appa."

Jimin nodded. "What about them?"

You pursed your lips. "I miss them. But I don't remember them. So, I get sad."

Jimin gave you a small smile. "That's okay. They're your parents, so of course you still love and miss them."

You looked up at him, searching his eyes for the answers of questions you didn't know how to ask. "I just wish I knew them. Six-year-old me doesn't remember a whole lot." You reached over and took a piece of paper from your nightstand. You unfolded it and handed it to your brother. "I wrote down everything I remember about them, but I can't tell what's real or what I dreamed."

Jimin looked over the paper, reading your neat handwriting that looked a lot like his oldest brother's. "Them telling me not to sleep in their room anymore and Hobi coming to sleep with me to cheer me up." Jimin looked at the next bullet point and felt as if his heart were pinched. They weren't memories of just his parents. Each one had something to do with him or his brothers – it was never just you and your parents. "Appa getting angry with Yoongi because he convinced me the boogey-man was real." Jimin looked up at you from the notebook paper. "You don't remember them just being themselves with just you?"

You looked at him. "Do you?"

Jimin thought for a moment. Well, there's the time they took me out for ice cream after I made a hundred on my pre-algebra test when I failed the one before that. And then one time when Tae and I were fighting, eomma gave me a note in lunchbox reassuring me that Taehyung wasn't mad at me. And then when appa treated me to lunch on my thirteenth birthday. "Yeah, a few-"

You sniffled and reached for a tissue, your eyes watering. Jimin immediately felt bad. "Oh, sis, it's okay! Don't feel bad! You were just young. You can't help that you don't remember them as much as we do."

You gulped. "I'm sure I'm just upset since Mother's Day was last week and I had to watch everyone celebrate. I'm sure... I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough."

Jimin scooted closer and hugged you, though he had to hug the bear, too, since you weren't letting go of it any time soon. "I love you, sis, and they did, too, okay? Just because they aren't here physically, doesn't mean you can't celebrate them. We haven't been to their graves in a long time, so why don't we go tomorrow? I'd take you now, but it's 3AM and I don't want to get possessed or anything."

You giggled at his last statement. "Yeah, that sounds fine." You gulped and finally released the chocolate-brown bear from the death-grip you had it in. "Can we get them flowers?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah, that'll be fine. They'll love it, I'm sure."

You sighed. "I guess I'll try to go to sleep, then."

Jimin grinned and stood before he came to your side and hugged you again, a little longer this time. "If you need anything, I'm just across the hall." He gave your forehead a small kiss before he released you and walked over to the door. "Good night, (Y/N/N)."

"Good night, Jimin," you echoed behind him before he shut the door as he left.

---

ahhh ok so i've been really bored with the sims recently and i've been watching a lot people get one adult sim and then seven toddlers (which are so freaking hard to take care of in the sims, even if there's just one) and seeing how long they can take care of them before child protective services takes them away, so i thought of getting my sim, aging her up to a young adult and then trying to raise bts as toddlers lol

i've started one save file with seven of my classmates as toddlers just to experiment and they've all been seconds away from death (not actually, just seconds away from getting taken away) and i thought it would be funny to use bts instead so i can be like "jungkook stop playing in the toilet" "namjoon, if you dont get to bed right now-" or literally forget one of them and they have to sit in a high chair for the entirety of the day

ah so yea, how are you lol?