Foreshadow

A little sad.

---

Jin walked in your room and over to your bed. He turned the lamp on before folding back your blankets to make sure his six-year-old sister was asleep. But you weren't asleep. You were wide awake, a few tears on your face.

"Another nightmare?" Jin asked, sitting down on your bed. He pet your hair. "Eomma and appa will be back soon, princess. They're okay."

"I had a dream that they were in the car," you explained, looking at his calm face. There were dark circles under his eyes, since he had been staying up lately. Senior year seemed like it would be easy for him, but it was just the opposite.

"What happened?" Jin was ready to go to bed. He could feel the sleep pulling at him. But he didn't want to leave you like this. He didn't want to leave you alone when you really needed him.

"I don't really know," you replied. "But the car got smashed and they..." you began to tear up, your lips quivering.

Jin sighed before he leaned over and gave you a kiss on the forehead. "They're okay, (Y/N). They're on the plane right now, I think, so they're okay."

"Can you call and make sure?" You sat up, scooting over to sit in your brother's lap.

"If they're on the plane, they won't answer," Jin told you, taking his phone out of his pocket. "But I can see." He dialed their number and waited for someone to answer, but nothing came. He looked at you and shook your head. "They're on the plane."

You nodded, a little sad, but Jin went ahead and got you back in bed, pulling the blankets around you snuggly. "If you have any more nightmares, come to my room, okay? Good night, princess, and I love you."

"I love you, too."

But your parents weren't okay. Your dream was more like a vision, because they were both stuck in a car, dead. Of course, you nor your siblings knew this. They were supposed to be going to America for a business trip, but a drunk driver hit them head on, killing both of them on impact.

When Jin went to his room, he tried calling a few more times, just to make sure, but your dad's phone was just lighting up on the floorboard with no one to answer.

---

me: *sad; angry; hating everything, but myself more*

random readers: hey, i just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing 

me: *probably the happiest little bean*