Caregivers (Ally)

When Ally got stressed or on her day off, she'd have a little day. No one knew this. She was scared of rejection. Especially from the other girls. She was terrified they wouldn't look at her the same. She was the "mom" of the group, the oldest, she could never let them find out she was a little. The girls had finished performing a couple of hours ago. They all had their own hotel rooms. Ally was ready for bed, it was 12am. She was in her favorite pink onesie with her paci clipped on. There was a knock on the door. Ally jumped, who could it be this late at night?? "Alz, it's me Mani!" Normani says while knocking on the door. "Crap," Ally says under her breath. Running to hide her little stuff and grabbing a robe to put over her clothes. She makes sure every thing is cleared before opening the door. "Yes?" "I can't sleep, is it okay I crash with you tonight?" Ally wanted to be alone but didn't want to let Normani down. "Of course!" "Okay good!" Normani lets herself in. "So what were you doing?" "What do you mean?" "Why'd it take you so long to open the door??" "Oh I was getting ready for bed, you know me I can't stay up late!" Ally laughs nervously. "Are you okay?" Normani asks concerned. "Yesss I'm fine Mani." Normani raises an eyebrow at her, "Okay then." "Well time for bed!" Ally fakes a yawn. "Okay goodnight." Ally walks to the bedroom and shuts the door. "Whew!" She takes off her robe and gets into bed snuggling with the blankets and her favorite stuffie.

It was the next morning and Normani woke up at 6am. She was a little concerned about her friend. She was acting a bit strange last night. She checked her phone and saw some unread texts from Lauren and Dinah, they were wondering where she was. She told them she stayed with Ally and about Ally acting strange. They didn't think anything of it but Normani had a feeling something was up.

An hour had passed and Ally woke up feeling really little. "Good morning moose moose!!" She says to her stuffie and kisses him on the head. She brought out some other stuffies and began to play with them. Making up scenarios and conversations between them.

Normani was in the guest bedroom, she had been on her phone checking social media until she heard Ally talking to someone. Who could she be talking to this early in the morning? Normani thought. She debated whether or not she should see what was up. The suspense was killing her so she decided to check up on Ally. She got up and walked to Ally's room, opened the door and she could not believe what she saw. Ally froze and didn't look at Normani. She was laid on her stomach in bed, in a onesie, and playing with toys. "A-Ally?" No response. Normani walked over slowly and sat down next to her. Ally had her head down, crying softly. "Aw ally it's okay." "N-no it's not you t-think I'm weird now!! Don't you??" "No! Of course not!! I'm just a little taken a back is all, but I accept you." Ally cries harder, she couldn't believe Normani found out. "Shhh shhh it's okay, Mani is here. You're safe." Normani begins rubbing her back. Ally seems to calm down a bit and sits up rubbing her eyes. "Hi sweetie." Normani says. Ally blushes. "So you don't think this is weird?" "No of course not, you're my sister for life, I accept you." Ally sighs in relief. "I was scared you guys would leave me that's why I never told you guys, I've been regressing for the past year. It helps a lot with stress." Normani didn't say anything she listened and comforted the smaller girl. "So I'm guessing the others don't know?" Ally shakes her head. "You don't want them to know? Cause I'm sure they'll accept you no matter what." "Uhhh I dunno." Normani chuckles "well you don't have to tell them now, when you're ready." Ally smiles at that remark. "Am I the first person you told?" Ally blushes and nods. "Awww that's so cute!!" Ally blushes again and hides her face. Normani pulls her into a hug, she could tell this was very vulnerable for her. "It's okay." She kisses her on the top of her head. "C-Can I show you something?" The smaller girl asks quietly. "Yes?" Ally gets out of Normani's grip and gets a backpack from under the bed. She unzips it and shows it to Normani. She looks at the items and coos over them. "Aw you use these?" Holding up a couple of pacifiers. Ally nods shyly. "Aw this is so cute, thank you for showing me!" "Um I don't know if this is awkward to ask but can you be my caregiver? It's just that it's reawy hard to care for myself when I'm little and- Normani cuts her off "of course! It's no big deal!" Ally was shocked she never thought she'd say yes right away. "Reawy?" "Of course hun!" Ally felt so grateful to have a friend like her. "But I think we should tell Dinah and Lauren soon if I'll be your caregiver." Ally looked down nervously. "Hey it's okay, I can tell them if you want?" Ally shakes her head. "Okay well when you're ready." "Umm can I have juice pease?" Ally holds out her elmo sippy cup out to Normani. "Sure thing hun." She takes it and leaves the room. Ally starts to whine and cry. Normani rushes back into the room. "What's wrong?" "I d-don't wanna be alone!!" Normani smiles and grabs the smaller girl and carries her out to the living area. "I'm gonna have to put you down so I can get your juice." "Awww." Ally pouts while being put down on the sofa. Normani fills up the sippy with apple juice and hands it to her. "Tanks!!" She starts drinking it. Normani's phone goes off and it's a text from Dinah, asking if they wanna join them for brunch. Normani decides to pass since she doesn't think Ally would be up for it at the moment. "Who you texting??" Ally asks. "Oh it just Dinah, she wanted to know if we wanted to go out to brunch but I passed." Ally was relieved. How did Normani know she didn't want to go out? There was a knock on the door. Ally's heart was racing, Normani tells her to go in her room. Normani looks through the peep hole and it's Lauren. She opens the door. "Hey girl!" "Hey! So what you up to? And where's Ally? Lauren looks inside. "Oh um she's in her room, she's not feeling well." "Aw poor girl, I was wondering if we could hang out, I wasn't in the mood for Dinah's brunch either." "Hey Lo!!" Ally pops up wearing a shirt and overalls. "Oh hey, you feeling okay?" "Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." Ally smiles. "Can I come in then?" "Yeah!" Normani and Ally say at the same time. They look at each other and laugh. "You two okay?" Lauren asks them suspiciously. "Yeah we're okay," Normani says. "What's that?" Lauren picks up the Elmo sippy cup on the floor next to the couch. "Oh shit.." Normani mutters. "Who has a baby?!" Ally begins to cry. Normani tries to comfort her. "What the hell is going on here?!" "Um can we talk in the kitchen?" "Yeah I'd like to know what's going on." Lauren follows her into the kitchen. "So it's Ally's." Lauren goes wide eyed. "She regresses to a toddler when she's stressed out. I wanted to tell you but she didn't want you guys to know I'm sorry." Normani looks down. "Hey, it's a lot to take in, I'm not mad. Just a little shocked." "So was I, when I found out this morning. I'm like her caregiver now." "Aw that's cute Mani." "Really? You think so? You don't think it's weird?" "No it's sweet." Lauren kisses her on the cheek. She backs off "oh my god I'm so sorry!" Normani chuckles. "It's okay I liked it." Normani slowly kisses Lauren.