Alaska

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

2002, Alaska

Natalia was in the cold snow lying on her back with her hair spread out in the snow nearly blending in with it staring at the snowflakes as they fell around her. She has been lying in the snow for about an hour now, with how much it snows here it's a shock the girl isn't fully covered by the snow yet.

The girl who radiated happiness and gentleness had her hard period. She would spend most of her days and nights locked up in her room just sitting on her bed watching the wall, no matter how hard everyone tried to cheer her up it didn't work. She would not go hunting for months worrying the rest of the family. It was like she was a completely different person, she was dark and emotionless. But the reason behind it is a story for another time.

Edward walks out of the Denali's house and when he looks through the garden he sees his sister in the middle of the yard playing in the snow with her abilities. Only she would spend most of her time lying in the snow in her own world. It was always interesting for him to read her thoughts because none of them ever made any sense. They were normally snippets of random things that would enter her mind like songs. Whenever he would need a while to calm down he would just look into her mind and he would be fine. But that's just the effect the small girl had on people, no one could hate her. She had an aura around her that just brought smiles to people's faces.

Edward walks towards his sister with his feet leaving marks in the snow and he stops midway and kneels down to grab some snow before forming it into a snowball. He kept his eyes on the snowball as he stopped beside Natalia's head.

"I like it here...I like the snow." Edward looked at the girl from the corner of his eyes and couldn't help but smile. She was the second oldest in the family coming right after Carlisle but she was by far the most childlike of them all. Well, she was the youngest when it came to the age she was changed, the only other one in the family that was also changed at the age of 17 was Edward everyone else was older when being changed.

"I know you do, but it's time to leave." The girl's once peaceful face now had a slight scowl when she thought of the place they would be going to. 

Forks...

"The shapeshifters are still there and I'm not quite fond of them Edward, can't we go to a different place?" Edward sighs when he sees his sister's saddened expression. Since the day she was attacked by the alpha wolf, the girl was still slightly scared by the wolves no one could blame her, they all hated the wolves. She didn't hate them for what happened but she feared them, she feared them because she knew they could easily kill her if they wanted to.

"You know it's not that simple, we're going to Forks and that's the plan. But don't worry you're pretty head about the wolves. You will barely see them and we will tear them apart if they do something to you." The girl's face brightened right away as if all her worries just disappeared by what her brother said.

"You're right," Edward smirks down at the girl cockily.

"I'm always right Angel." The girl rolled her eyes at her brother's ego. Angel was the nickname Edward got for her after the first months of knowing each other. He calls her that because she was always able to brighten every room when she walks in, she is the light at the end of the tunnel that guides you out.

The girl was about to respond but she was cut off when she felt a cold and wet substance on her face causing her to close her eyes. She wiped away the snow from her face and when she looked up at her brother she saw him looking down at her with a wide grin.

"You're so on." The girl turned around quickly and with a quick swish of her abilities, she made all the snow beside her fall on top of Edward who was now covered fully with it. Natalia started to laugh with her laugh echoing through the field.

If you were someone looking from the outside you would think the two are real siblings. But Edward and Natalia have always been the closest, since the very beginning. It might have been the fact that she was the one that helped him out before he went on his own for a while or the fact that he was the only one in the family that was single like her. They know each other like the back of the hand and if there was someone else in the family that they trusted more than Carlisle it would be each other.

Carlisle walked out of the building and smiled when he saw the two enjoying the snow together. He chuckled shaking his head.

"Edward, Natalia come on it's time to leave." The two stopped and looked over at Carlisle laughing. They started to run in the direction of the front of the house to see Jasper and Emmett already finishing packing the cars. Kate looks over at the two teens that have arrived and she runs towards Natalia taking her into a massive hug nearly making her fall causing Natalia to let out a laugh.

"No, you're not taking her with you. She's staying here with us." Natalia laughs as she hugs Kate back with a tight hug.

"I don't want to leave either Kate, I love it in Alaska but I have to go." Kate pulls away and looks down at the small girl with a sad smile. Natalia had to be by far her favourite out of the Cullens. The two of them would help each other out with their abilities, they would spend hours in the backyard just practising and laughing. Kate was also Natalia's favourite when it came to the Denali's, she loved all of them like family but Kate's calm and laid-back nature made the younger girl like her more.

"Alright, just promise you'll call." The shorter girl smiles sweetly at Kate and nods.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." At the sound of a car horn, the two girls turn around to see Edward motioning in the car for her to hurry up. She gives Kate one last smile before getting into the car with Edward.

Edward looks at the blonde from the corner of the eye with a smile while driving out the drive-through."You ready?"

The blonde sighs and looks out the window with a sad smile.

"I am as ready as I'll ever be."