Baseball

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Baseball was something the whole family enjoyed. It makes them feel like kids, it's their time to act human without any precautions. Natalia would usually be the umpire but after they realized she favoured Carlisle and Edward she was replaced. Emmett wouldn't let it pass her for a week, he was so annoying that the girl had to ignore him.

Today was one of those days that was stormy meaning it was a perfect day for the family to play baseball. Natalia was lying in the middle of the field watching the sky and ever so often seeing some lightning. The rest were practising while waiting for Edward to arrive with Bella. This was the first time that someone outside of they're family was going to play with them exciting Natalia.

The sound of a car made the blonde's head shoot up. Her smile came out and she ran towards them, she got to Bella and Edward so quickly she scared Bella slightly.

"Edward, Isabella! You're finally here!" Bella looks over at Edward to see him nodding with a smile showing this was normal. Bella looked back at the blonde vampire in front of her slightly awkward.

"Oh, It's just Bella." Confusion crosses Natalia's face but she quickly smiles again nodding.

"Of course, my apologies. Well, you're just in time, you're going to be the umpire." Edward chuckles at his sister amused knowing the reason behind it.

"Yes, Natalia tends to cheat when she's the umpire." The shorter blonde's mouth hangs open with fake shock.

"Excuse you, I do not cheat. I just don't see everything happening." Emmett walks by the group and ruffles the shorter girl's hair chuckling teasingly.

"Right shorty." Natalia huffs blowing away some stray hair while Esme walks up to Bella smiling kindly.

"Just call it as you see it, Bella." Natalia walks up to Rosalie who throws her a bat. Natalia catches it with one hand and starts to twirl it around with a sweet innocent smile. Everyone gets into their places with Alice in the middle looking around waiting for some thunder. 

When the thunder is heard echoing through the field Alice looks back at them with an excited smirk.

It's time." Rosalie nods smirking in Alice's direction, ready to start. Alice throws the ball in Rose's direction gracefully. When the ball came in contact with the bat a loud noise resembling thunder echoed through the field amazing Bella. She looked down at Esme with wide eyes.

"Okay, now I see why you need the thunder." Rosalie hit the ball so hard that it flew away into the forest. Edward sees this and runs after it giving Rosalie the chance to attempt a home run.

"That gotta be a home run, right?" Natalia hears this and walks up to Bella grinning proudly at Edward's speed.

"Don't underestimate Edward, he is very fast." As the blonde said that Rosalie was just about to get a home run but unfortunately Edward was faster and he caught the ball in time throwing it towards Esme. She caught it and pressed it down before Rosalie got to them. The three girls look at Bella for a verdict and she looks around awkwardly clearly intimidated by Rose.

"You're out.." Emmett cheers in the background happily while Natalia jumps in the air twirling. Even when she wasn't an umpire, the game still played in her favour. Rosalie looks at Emmet and Natalia with a raised eyebrow to see Natalia looking at her innocently and Emmett amused.

"Come on babe, it's just a game." Emmet's comment was supposed to calm his wife down but Rosalie still stood up shooting Bella a warning glare causing the brunette to look down. Rosalie walks beside Natalia with a clear happy grin on how much Bella is scared of her. Natalia shakes her head and looks back to see Carlisle getting ready with his bat.

When Carlisle hits the ball it goes flying in the air catching the eyes of Emmett and Edward. The two jump into the air at the same time colliding with each other. This causes Carlisle to make a home run. Natalia walks beside Carlisle giving him a high five before taking her place as a batter.

She looks over at Alice innocently with flakes of entertainment flashing through them. Alice threw the ball in her direction and when the blonde heard the sound of fake thunder she sped away trying to get a home run. Unfortunately for her Emmett was able to catch the ball by climbing the tree and throwing it to Esme. Natalia shakes her head collapsing on the ground sighing but she jumps back onto her feet when she hears Alice's voice.

"Stop!" Everyone stays quiet for a second before running in the direction of Bella and the car.

"They were leaving but then they heard us." Natalia's eyes widen as she walks after Edward. It was the group of nomad vampires that were causing them so much trouble lately.

Edward grabs Bella by the arm-"Let's go." Before he's even able to make three steps forward he's stopped by Carlisle.

"It's too late." Edward stares into the open worried about what's about to happen. His emotions were all over the place, he had just got his mate into his life and he was not about to lose her. He looks back at Bella.

"Get your hair down." Natalia looks at Bella with calculating eyes before looking back at Edward sadly.

"I'm worried that is not going to work Edward." Rosalie turns back to them with a stone look.

"Because it's not, I could smell her from way across the field." Natalia follows after Rosalie to stand in the front with the others to form a wall between the nomad vampires and Bella. Natalia sighs while standing between Carlisle and Alice looking forward, and to think this was supposed to be a little family game.

From the foggy mist coming from the woods three figures appeared, two male and one female. The female had pale skin which played perfectly with her curly fire red hair. The man in the middle had dark hair, black hair that matched his mysterious demeanour perfectly. And lastly, the man on the left had long blonde hair tied in a low ponytail. He had pale skin, but it wasn't like the woman's, hers was as white as a porcelain doll while he was darker, greyer. Natalia could feel a dark aura around him, an aura she hadn't felt in a long time.

The two families meet in the middle with only about three meters between them. The man in the middle lifted his hand showing their baseball, he had a smile on his face, it seemed friendly but it wasn't certain.

"I believe this belongs to you." He had a French accent, at least that's what it sounded like to Natalia. It had a silky aftertone. He throws the ball at Carlisle who catches it with one hand forcing a polite smile on his face.

"Thank you."

"I am Laurent, and this is Victoria and James." Victoria gives a small nod while James tilts his head to the side, his black eyes giving him a more creepy look.

"My name is Carlisle, and this is my family."

"Hello."

"I'm afraid you're hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." Laurent looks clearly sorry and shocked that a coven their size was able to stay in one place unnoticed.

"Our apologies, we didn't realize the territory has been claimed."

"Yes well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Laurent looked between the Cullens and his fellow nomads clearly interested.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through." Natalia looks between the three and notices the stare between James and Edward worrying her.

"The humans were tracking us but we led them East. You should be safe." When she hears Victoria speak up Natalia looks away from James and Edward and focuses her eyes directly on the girl. Carlisle nods just wanting this whole interaction to be over so they could all just leave.

"Excellent."

Laurent laughs lightly trying to break the tension. "So? Could you use a couple more players?" Rosalie, Alice, and Natalia direct their eyes to Carlisle waiting to see what he would say. Laurent chuckles when they stay silent.

"Oh come on, just one game." Carlisle looks down at the shorter blonde beside him and forces a tight smile.