I'm Fine

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

It has been a week since Edward left for Alaska. Every day Bella would go and look for him waiting to see if he would come. She would watch the Cullen's arrive every day hoping that Edward would come out of one of the cars, but with no luck every time. There were moments when Bella even wanted to ask Natalia at history about her brother but every time she would try to ask her she would freeze and not get herself to do it.

Natalia was on her way from the hospital. Every other weekend she would go and help out Carlisle if he needed anything. She missed the days when she was a nurse and she would look after patients, her mind would often travel back to the times when she looked after Esme or Edward's mother and she would smile.

As she got into the garage she parked her red 1962 Ferrari 250 GTE. This was a car she wouldn't let anyone drive. It is a car she had gotten||||||||||||||||||| from a very important person on her birthday. As she got into the lounge area she looked around for anyone. She knew Carlisle was still at work but she had expected Esme to at least be home. Maybe they're gone hunting? But they would have waited for her.

The blonde shrugs and as she starts walking up the stairs she hears the door of the house opening causing her to turn back and when she got to the front door she saw a smiling Edward.

She got a happy smile and she ran right into his arms hugging him. She ran into him with such a strong force that she nearly made him fall backwards.

"Edward! You're back!" Edward hugs her back kissing her hairline softly.

"Yes, well Tanya persuaded me." Natalia pulls away and looks up at Edward teasingly.

"And here I thought you came back because you missed your favourite sister." Edward grinned amusedly.

"No, I didn't come back because I missed Alice." Natalia smiles innocently and uses her hand from behind Edward to levitate a small plant in the air and make it fall over his head. When the plant hits his head he looks at her with his mouth wide open while she smiles proudly and turns around.

"Well then, I guess I'll just go and spend time with my favourite brother Jasper." Edward laughs shaking the soil out of his hair as he watches his sister's departing figure.

♡♡♡♡♡

The next day the family's daily routine went back to the way it was before Edward left. Natalia got into Edward's car and left for school with him. The blonde looked over at her brother with a raised eyebrow.

"How are you feeling anyway? I haven't spoken to you about this yesterday." Edward sighed leaning back in his seat.

"Well, I don't want to kill the whole class and Bella, so I think I'm fine."

"Edward you don't have to pretend beside me, I know when you're not okay. But that's fine because, in the end, things are going to be okay. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but eventually, it will be okay." Edward looks over at his sister and puts his hand over hers.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me. How are you though? All we talked about lately was how I was feeling. So how are you feeling?" Natalia sighed looking out the window. How is she feeling? She rarely ever spoke to people about her feelings. It might be because she just doesn't feel strong enough to tell everybody how she feels. But it's not because she doesn't want them to know, not because she doesn't want them to get hurt and not because she doesn't trust them. But because she can't find the right words to make them truly understand.

But if she had to find the right words to describe what is happening behind her sweet smiles she would talk about the lonely nights. The nights when she wants to be able to cry so badly because her body aches and she shakes and shouts into her pillows so no one can hear her.

There are also nights when she's happy and feels like everything happens for a reason. And there are also nights when she feels nothing at all. But there is never a night when one person doesn't cross her mind.

She looks back at Edward to see him looking at Bella through the windows and she smiles.

"I'm fine." Edward looks back at his sister smiling.

"Okay, that's good I just needed to make sure."

♡♡♡♡♡

As I walked out of my biochemistry class I noticed Edward walking beside Bella talking to her. My eyebrows furrowed confused. Wasn't he supposed to minimise his interactions with her? I follow behind them but keep a good distance so it doesn't seem like I'm following them. I may be close with Edward but I know if he found out I was spying on him he would get quite angry. Well, it technically isn't spying, I'm just making sure everything is alright.

"Why did you move away, from your mother and Phil?"

"Well, Phil's a baseball player, he trains and travels a lot and my mom stayed home with me but I knew that didn't make her happy so...I figured I'd stay with my dad for a while." My eyes watch them intensely.

"And now...you are unhappy?" I smile lightly at Edwards's question. It's quite amusing to see him trying to figure her out when he can't read any word that comes into her mind.

"No."

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to figure you out. You're very difficult for me to read."

"Hey did you get contacts?" My eyes widen and I start to move in their direction.

"No."

"Your eyes are black, the last time I saw you they were golden brown."

"Yeah I know it's the a, it's the chlorosis, uhm." Edward turned around and walked away just when I was about to get to them. I let out a deep huff of air and when I pass Bella our eyes meet for a split second. I could see the confusion behind them. I'm not shocked but there wasn't anything else he could have done.