Painting

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Edward has just finished packing his belongings for the trip to Alaska and he walked out to say goodbye to Natalia. He knew if he left without saying a word the moment he came back he would be in the biggest trouble with the girl. She is the type of person who takes too many things to heart.

As he appeared in front of her bedroom door he saw her standing in front of a canvas painting. He leaned on the door frame and smiled. Her room was interesting, to say the least, it had her paintings scattered all over her walls with some pictures of her and people that she is or was close with also around the room. The room is also filled with different types of plants and flowers, her room has to be the most colourful and creative in the house. On her right side beside her canvas stood a big old gramophone playing a soft tune.

Natalia loved to do many things in her free time to get her mind occupied, painting was one of them. For her painting was like putting emotions out on paper instead of keeping them bottled up inside. When she danced it was a way to calm down and enjoy herself by letting the music and dance moves become her.

"It's beautiful."

Edward spoke to make himself known causing the girl to jump slightly in surprise causing her to drop her paintbrush. She looks back at her brother with an amused look while picking up the brush.

"Edward! Look what you made me do." He chuckles lightly with an amused look on his face.

"And here I thought you would be happy that I came to you to say goodbye. Well, I guess I should just go." As he was about to turn around Natalia sped to him and brought him into a bone-crushing hug. She buried her face into his neck smelling his cologne. He hugged her right away putting his face in her hair.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I won't be gone for long." Natalia takes in a deep breath and looks up at her brother showing him a small smile.

"I know, but I'm still going to miss you. No one else in the house can play the piano as beautifully as you." Edward cracks a small grin but you could see behind his eyes the pain he was going through.

"Well, that's because they're not as talented as me." Natalia rolls her eyes and smiles while pulling away from the boy. She looks up at the boy and her eyes go sad.

"You promise you'll be back?" Edward looks at her confused but when he reads her thoughts he understands why she is so emotional.

"I promise you that I will always come back. I would never do that to you, Angel." The blonde nods. Edward leans down and presses a sweet kiss onto her forehead and walks away leaving her alone. Natalia walks over to her bedroom window and sees Edward getting in his car and driving away.

"I hope she's worth all this trouble."

"Me too." Natalia jumps around to see Rosalie standing beside her door with a grumpy attitude.

"What are we planning to do when he comes back?"

"We will act normal and he will do everything he can to stay as far away from her as possible." Natalia's eyebrows furrowed worried for Edward.

"If he keeps ignoring her it will only cause him pain. That's what happens when you stay away from your mate." Rosalie huff's agitated.

"Well, it's either that or the whole family will be in danger. Besides, you survived being away from him." At the last comment, Rose's eyes soften. She always had a soft spot for the girl since she met her, she reminded Rose of her when she was still human. She was just as happy go lucky girl as her filled with innocence.

Natalia sighs looking out the window again. "I know. But Edwards, not me."

Rose notices the way Natalia's mood went down so she smiles to cheer her up. "I know. That's because there can't be two of you. The world couldn't hold up more of you." Natalia turns around and looks at the other blonde with clear amusement flashing through her eyes.

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" Rosalie turns around grinning.

"You decide." Natalia crosses her arms giggling.

"Well, in that case, I'm going to take it as a compliment." As Rosalie is no longer in sight all she can hear is laughter echoing through the building.

♡♡♡♡♡

The next day Natalia took a ride in the back with Alice and Rosalie while the boys took a car together. When they got to the school parking lot they noticed that Bella was looking for someone and that someone was Edward. 

Later that day when they sat for lunch Natalia sat beside Jasper when she felt someone's eyes on her. She turned her head to see Bella watching them.

"Does she not have better things to do than to look for Edward like a lovesick puppy?" Alice rolls her eyes teasingly at Rosalie for her comment while Natalia watches the human girl with a calculated look.

"Leave the poor girl alone Rose." Rosalie squints her eyes and is about to say something but she's cut off by Natalia's gentle voice.

"How interesting." Everyone at the table turns their eyes to the blonde confused.

'What's interesting? Because it certainly isn't Bella. She average to me." Emmett laughs and Jasper even cracks a smile but Natalia ignores Rosalie's comment and keeps her eyes on Bella while answering.

"She's not a vampire but their mate bond is so strong that it's even affecting her, I just can't imagine what Edward is going through right now." Rosalie rolls her eyes and waves it off.

"He's going to be fine." Alice looks back at Natalia smiling.

"Do you want me and Jasper to bring you to your next class?" Natalia finally tears her eyes off Bella and looks at Alice and Jasper with a sweet smile shaking her head.

"No no thank you. Besides I'm older than both of you I can handle walking to a class alone." Alice laughs as they continue with a different conversation.