Bonus: Parenthood

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Five years later...

July 20, 2017, New Orleans

If there is one thing Natalia could never get tired of is watching her twins play. Just the sight of the twins running around and playing in the back garden with wide smiles never leaving their faces was something that warmed her up on the inside.

The twins were both different but so similar at the same time, Lyra was much more open than Lucian, the older boy would only tend to be open and energetic when he was at home and surrounded by family members, especially when it came to Natalia herself.

While to outsiders he just looked like a shy and quiet cute little boy, while with Natalia Lucian would turn into an absolute little cuddle bear, there was no place he felt most comfortable in than his mother's arms as she gently rubbed his back and sang softly.

Lucian was a mommy's boy from the moment he was a baby.

So while growing up Lucian was the more shy one, Lyra has been growing up to be an absolute ball of energy and laughter.

Whenever the little girl would meet someone she would run right up to them with a wide toothy smile to hug them while Lucian would stay back holding onto his mother's leg while Romeo would only stare at his daughter with an amused and proud smirk.

One could say Lyra's picture would come out if you searched 'Daddy's girl' in the dictionary. Lyra had Romeo wrapped around her little finger from the moment that she grabbed him as a baby.

Most people would often find it amusing but when they would get a heated gaze from Romeo about it they would just keep their mouth shut as the little girl would beg her father to play princesses with her.

Which is a sight to see.

So right now as the summer sun shined on them Natalia had sat with Christina on their back porch watching the twins while Seth and Romeo left to 'take care of something' as they said it.

The two women couldn't help but laugh at the two kids playing, Lyra was like a snapshot out of time with her wavy brown hair tied into two ponytails blowing in the summer breeze, her youthful face warmed by the sun.

Though she was slowly starting to get tired from looking for her brother who sat on the top of a tree snickering down at his sister, she still had the joy of life within her that could never be tamed.

If someone were to look at them from the outside, Lyra in her favourite purple dress, Lucian in a red shirt and jeans, they could be anyone, no one. But to Natalia, they were the world itself and without them, she couldn't enjoy a simple flower or the rising sun.

So as Natalia watched her daughter run beside the tree, the sticking-out root was all she had to see to get into action. If Romeo was beside her right now he would have laughed and said 'Your mommy instincts kicked in again.'