Dancing

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

New Orleans, 1960

She loved to dance, and a lot of people did, but whenever she danced she was the only person you would look at, even if the room was full of people she would be the only person you would look at. Of course she never even realized this, she was too oblivious to the stares of other people, she was in a world of her own. Edward was, of course, happy that the shorter girl didn't notice the stares she got, especially the stares she got from both vampires and humans at last night's party. For him, she was his little sister who was by far too innocent to even be with someone on that level. Every boy at that party who would stare at her with a longing look would quickly look away when they saw Edward's heated stare.

But of course, there would eventually be that one boy who wouldn't look away, that one boy who wouldn't be worried about Edward's gaze, the boy who would be so much captivated by the girl that he wouldn't even care about other people because all he cared about was her.

And right now this boy was looking at her, he was standing in the Cullens house's patio as she danced her heart in the garden. He doesn't really know why he came, he was never the guy to look after girls. When he was still human he never felt love or affection towards anyone and when he became a vampire every girl just became another girl passing by or food.

But it wasn't the same with her, he felt a pull towards her, it was a feeling like if he didn't go after her his stone heart would have been ripped out of his chest and he would go crazy. There was something different about her and he thinks he knows what it was but he wasn't exactly sure. He never felt love from anyone even his parents and he surely never felt this. No, it wasn't a feeling that was common.

The blonde just finished her dance ending it with her lying on the floor with her head down still not noticing the boy in front of her. That was until she heard clapping causing her to look up and see the dark-haired boy with a smirk framing his pale face.

She smiled straight away at the sight of the boy. She doesn't know why but she felt safe beside him, she felt calm. She stood up gently dusting her dress as he walked down the steps with his hands in his pocket.

"That was definitely a show, I would surely want to see you dance more often love." The blonde smiled causing the weird feeling to appear inside him again. It was like someone was tickling him inside, it was a weird but nice feeling.

"Of course, only if you play for me." He grinned showing his teeth and getting his confidence back after her comment. The girl looked around to see if her brother was anywhere near them.

"If you came here for Edward I'm afraid he hasn't come back yet." Ace chuckles shaking his head still keeping his eyes on the girl in front of him.

"I actually came to see you love. I mean you're brother is a good friend of mine but he's not as pretty as you to look at." The blonde's breath hitched in her mouth. He made her heart feel light as if it was about to fly out of her chest and explode into millions of tiny pieces.

A smile broke on her face as she chuckled lightly. "Well, we definitely don't want Edward to hear this, he could get quite mad. But uhm... what was the reason for you wanting to see me? Or was it just for the whole fact of seeing my cute face." He cracks an amused smile laughing. It wasn't a forced laugh, it was a true sweet laugh that echoed through the garden that sounded like music to her ears causing a big smile to appear on her face.

"Seeing your cute face was one of the reasons darling, but the main reason was that I thought you might want to experience a bit of New Orleans. You just came here and I doubt that Edward showed you the best places." He raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer while she bit her lip thinking. He wouldn't say it out loud but he was nervous with the girl's answer, he obviously hoped she would say yes because he doesn't really know what he would do if she said no.

Right away when he proposed the idea she knew she was going to say yes. Not even an inch of her body was against the idea. But she wasn't just going to say yes without a small bit of fun. So she smiled innocently at him.

"I would love that but you need to pass the test first." He raised an eyebrow confused but also intrigued.

"A test?" The blonde nodded walking over to her gramophone making it play a sweet tune. She turned around to face him again with excitement flowing through her eyes. She reached out one of her hands and said three words.

"Dance with me." It was only three words but they made his red eyes widen for a second. He knew how to dance but he just didn't expect the girl to make such a request. He shook off the surprise and he pulled the girl by the hand towards his chest grinning.

"As you wish my lady." Their skins were cold but when they came in contact with each other they appeared warm. It was unusual but pleasing at the same time.

"You're actually quite the dancer," Natalia said and he smirked raising an eyebrow as he twirled the girl around before dipping her. The two's faces are only mere inches apart, Ace looks between her lips and her eyes.

"You sound surprised." Natalia smiles as he pulls her up so the two are standing again smiling.

"Pleasantly surprised, so? What about that tour." Ace's grin turns into a smirk.

"I'll come and pick you up at 10."

"I'll wait." He laughs lightly still looking her in the eyes.

"I won't keep you waiting long."

"I'll keep you on that."