Father Dearest

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

March 11th, 2006 London England

Family has always been something that Natalia cared about the most. Even back when she was a human and she only had her father she still cared for him deeply. She would always ask him if he needed anything or if he was feeling good. He may have been a harsh and cold man but she loved him anyway and she knew that some part of him cared about her too which was enough for her.

He may not have shown it in a way normal fathers did but that's because he was always a very troubled man.

*Flashback*

Back at the Leighton household, a loud party was being held

Back at the Leighton household, a loud party was being held. Stephan Leighton stands on top of the staircase drinking some bourbon while his eyes scan the area. These kinds of get-togethers weren't something new, but Stephan liked them. He liked the attention to be on him, he liked the fact that many people would do anything they could just to attend one night at his mansion. He felt powerful, unstoppable. He had so many people in the palm of his hand and he could crush them at any second.

The sound of heels hitting the marble ground interrupted his thoughts. He didn't have to look over to know it was his daughter. He could recognize her vanilla and rose-scented perfume anywhere. It was also the fact that she walked so close to him. Most people were scared to speak to the man let alone walk over to him from the back.

"It appears a lot of young men have appeared this night." A soft hum can be heard from his daughter after he spoke.

He wasn't stupid he knew they only came here to get a glimpse of his daughter. Of course, he knew she was beautiful, everyone did. He wouldn't be able to count on both of his hands the number of times he had to reject men who would come to him wanting to court his daughter or wanted their sons to. Unfortunately for the men, none of them were ever good enough for his daughter. 

No one was.

She was too good for the word. She was a beauty in and out which made her very vulnerable and valuable.

"Yes well, none of them have really caught my eye." Whenever she spoke all her father heard was her mother. She looked 90% just like her mother and sounded just like her. In the beginning, when her mother died, he was not able to look at his daughter without having a breakdown. But after some time he started to see his dead wife in his daughter helping him get over his grieving process in the end.

Stefan chuckled taking another sip of his drink."Well, of course, they don't my darling, none of them are good enough for us. They're all just a mere pawn in our game. You just got to choose whether you need them or not." He turned around moving down to the staircase leaving his daughter alone.

Natalia sighs watching her father's departing figure. He was a strange and complicated man, even she wasn't able to figure him out. The only thing she knew about her father was the fact that he didn't care about anyone whose surname wasn't Leighton. When you realized that the man didn't have any other living family other than his daughter you realized that he only really cared about himself and her.

Natalia lifted her baby blue dress slightly so she could walk down the stairs easily. Every time a party would happen at the mansion she was excited. Most of the time she was stuck in her room going over her studies because her father didn't want her to associate herself with people who in his eyes were unworthy.

In her eyes, there weren't any unworthy people in the world. She liked to say that some people were just more lucky than others. Of course, her views didn't work with her father's so she stayed silent. The last thing she would want would be to get on her father's bad side. Most people who would dare to say or do something that would anger her father would either end up with them being dead or imprisoned. He had his ways of dealing with people that made everyone who knew him fear him.

As she stepped onto the grand hall her green eyes found her father. He was standing beside two unknown to her men. By the look of her father's face, they seemed to have been boring him with what they were saying. He looked like he wanted to sleep and slap the men in the faces.

The blonde chuckled lightly shaking her head because she knew her father would go to these measures if they really started to annoy him.

The sound of a woman's voice made the blonde look away from her father.

"M'lady, would you care for a drink." In front of Natalia stood a woman with long beautiful black hair with grey eyes framing her pale face. Natalia smiled innocently taking the drink from the woman and taking a sip.

What the blonde didn't notice was the older woman's smirk. She smirked because she knew she just got revenge on the man that was the reason behind her husband's death.

What Natalia didn't know at that moment was that the drink she just sipped on would be the reason for her severe fever that would lead to her death.

*Flashback*

The blonde stood in the wet grass not minding the rain that was falling over her. She twirled the red rose in her hand before opening her palm and using her abilities to gently lay the rose on the grave in front of her. She didn't mind the rain around her or the muddy ground. All she cared about right now was the grave in front of her.

She smiled sadly kneeling down to touch the grave gently-"Happy birthday Papa..." She slowly stood back up when she heard her phone's ringtone go off. She answered the phone to be met with Alice's cheery voice.

-And she's aliveee!" Natalia laughed lightly keeping her eyes on her father's grave.

"It's good to know you worry about me Ali, is everything ok?"

"Can't I just call my wonderful sister to hear her sweet voice?" Natalia rolled her eyes smiling.

"Of course you can, but it's not like we haven't spoken in a long time."

"I haven't heard from you in months! You're nearly as bad as Edward."

"Well if this makes you feel any better I'll be back with you in a matter of days."

"Oh, I know you will." Natalia lets another smile come out at the joke about Alice's powers.

"Well, then you shouldn't be worried about me dying. Look I'll see you in a while I have to go now." A short goodbye can be heard from Alice before the call is ended. Natalia puts the phone back into her pocket and kneels down in front of the grave again.

"I need to leave now Papa...they need me." The blonde kissed her two fingers and pressed them to the grave before walking away into the rain.