It Began

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

There is a kind of waiting that feels like a gentle onshore breeze kissing salty stones. It isn't warm but there is a sense of calm, of nature, of things expected. Then there is the kind that feels like the head of a medieval mace is loose in your guts and your head has taken a beating with a hefty plank of wood. That's what Natalia was feeling as she stood between Bella and Seth with Edward standing in front of them catching on to every thought he could find.

It was hard just waiting here doing nothing as your family was standing on a battlefield about to fight an army of newborn vampires. The moment she walked back with Seth to the camp Edward said it was starting making her get a heavy feeling in her chest.

Feeling the blonde's anxious feeling Seth nudged her with his head gently trying to cheer her up. She looked over at the wolf that was pretty much the same size as her and smiled gently showing it was right. It had to be anyway.

"Jacob just got there. He's good." Edward's words made Natalia look over at the brunette and squeeze her hand gently with a smile. Of course, Jacob was good, even though he rejected the status of an alpha he had it in his blood, and with Bella kissing him it only made his ego bigger.

Edward looked down with an unreadable to Natalia's look making her eyebrows furrow a bit.

"What's wrong? Is someone hurt?"

"She's close. I can hear her thoughts. Seth, Angel go." Without even sparing a glance any one's way Natalia ran into the forest looking for the red-headed girl. She tried to get any scent of the girl, sound or even a footstep in the snow but she couldn't find anything. By now the girl was getting frustrated with not getting anything, she wasn't achieving anything by just running mindlessly through the forest.

The girl stopped in her steps so she could concentrate. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath trying to concentrate on her surroundings.

The smell of damp leaves, a splash of water from a stream, fungus on rotting tree stumps, a rustle of roosting birds, wind stirring trees, owl hoot, hush and the whispering of the wind was all the girl was able to detect. But suddenly her eyes snapped open when she realized what was happening. This was a tactic, Victoria knew that Edward would have been with Bella and there would be other people there with her. She knew this and made the backup split so she could focus on her main target.

Bella

She bolted down the garden path like an Olympic champion at the start gun. And she ran like the winter breeze colliding into inanimate objects and crashing waves hitting the shoreline. Like eagles soaring across indigo skies and a herd of cheetahs racing through verdant meadows. Her long, snow-white braided hair whipped back and forth behind her like a fiery tale as she flung himself over sharp rocks and heavy tree trunks. She didn't know if something was already happening or happened, all she knew was she had to keep running forward. Not stopping for anything.

When the girl finally got to the camp in front of her she saw the scene of Seth attacking an unknown to her vampire as Victoria stood on the stone watching down in horror. The blonde quickly stood in front of Bella and behind Edward for protection keeping her arms out ready.

Seth was able to rip off Riley's hand causing him to let out a sickening yell from the pain. Upon seeing this Victoria quickly jumped off the rock running away.

"You won't get another chance like this again." Edward saying this made Victoria stop knowing that he was right causing her to turn around to face them.

"You want her. You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James. When I tore him to pieces. When I turned him into ash. When I turned him... into nothing." The redhead started to shake from the anger that boiled up inside her. She let out a scream before charging at Edward.

As she charged at Edward it sent the two down into the snow, she was able to stand up quicker than Edward and went for Bella only to have Natalia pick up the log beside her with her telekinetic powers sending Victoria a couple of meters back into a tree. The redhead started to climb up the tree with Natalia doing the same while keeping her eyes on her giving Edward and Bella the chance to run.

Edward gently pushed Bella away as he got to the tree that Victoria and Natalia were on and pushed it down to the ground with the two girls coming down with it. When Victoria fell to the ground Edward jumped down at her trying to keep her down.

This whole situation made Seth turn his head from Riley and at the three vampires causing Riley to kick his head into the rock. Natalia's eyes widened as she noticed this.

"Seth!" The blonde charged at Riley even though she had always been a pacifist by nature, but she wasn't about to stand back and watch as Seth was being injured.

She was the one who threw the first punch with her fists slamming into his face while he sunk his fist into her stomach. The two stumbled apart for a brief second before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination.

She dodged his fist and came up with her own, for a brief instant, his red eyes widened before she managed to tilt his head back and slam it into hers. Stars burst in her vision but she shook it off, blinding throwing a sloppy kick.

He stepped back, easily evading the kick. "Is that all you got?" He crowed, smirking infuriatingly at her. She growled and threw herself at him, changing direction at the last minute.

With her own two hands, she grasped his head in her hands and brought her kneecap up to his nose, there was a blunt crack and she released his head. There was an evident crack on his face and his nose was twisted right. He drew his fist back again and it ploughed into her stomach, it was like hitting a train head-on. She repaid this by punching his jaw, her fist collided with all her body weight. She continued this battering until he grabbed onto her two fists and threw her back a couple of meters into the snow before charging at Edward to help Victoria.

As she stood up she first ran to the wolf lying on the ground to check his pulse to make sure he was still alive. When she got to the wolf she saw him starting to move, she ran faster and helped him stand up. Seth was a little surprised when he felt hands on him but when he realized it was Natalia he momentarily calmed down. The two nodded at each other and ran in the direction of the camp.

Natalia got there seconds before Seth to notice Bella make a cut in her arm distracting the two vampires and giving Edward a chance to break free from the hold and throw off Victoria and slamming Riley into the ground just when Seth arrived and grabbed him by the head before pulling him back with only Riley's begging screams for Victoria being heard.

Both Edward and Natalia noticed Victoria's gaze on Bella causing Edward to charge at her and Natalia to stand in front of the human girl as the two wrestled. Edward grabbed Victoria by the head before throwing her in front of him and biting into her neck causing her limp body to fall to the ground.

The moment her body hit the ground Natalia let out a breath of relief that the Victoria chapter was behind them.

Edward stood up from Victoria's body and passed his sister walking over to Bella. He ripped up a piece of her shirt using it as a bandage for her bleeding arm. The sound of a wolf growling made them look over to see Seth back meaning that Riley was also fully gone. He stood beside the blonde letting a growl in Edward's direction. Natalia looked at Edward knowing that Seth told him what was happening. Bella also noticed all of this and asked the question that was bugging her and Natalia.

"Something's happening."

"Alice needs us to go. Now." Edward took out a lighter and threw it at Victoria's body to get rid of her once and for all.

Authors Note

So I know I know there wasn't a lot of dialogue in this chapter and me describing a fight is well....terrible but please just bear with me XD.