Airport

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

October 2005 

I have always enjoyed flying in aeroplanes. I found it so peculiar that such a massive machine could lift off the ground with people in it and travel around the world. Being a vampire and living for such a long time I was able to see how much the human race evolved with everything that they made. My life was much more 'simpler' when I was human. Sometimes I still get surprised when I see the way people act nowadays.

I look out the window of the aeroplane at the snowflakes hitting the ground. I smile softly, I can't wait to see Kate again. I haven't seen the Denali's since we moved to Forks and that was a very long time.

Too long actually.

You may be wondering where everyone else is. Well, the answer is we kinda separated after we left Forks. Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme were at the same locations while Edward and I left. Edward left not telling us where, he said he would call us every other month. I know he left because of the pain he was feeling from leaving Bella but I don't think staying alone was a good idea. He needs someone to help him go through this, but I'm not going to tell him what to do and what not to do, I'm not his mother.

Now you may be thinking what reason I had for leaving.

Well, I just needed a moment to get away. Since Edward and Bella started dating our life has been more hectic than usual. I just want to spend the next couple of months away from my family.

To refresh my mind.

When I arrive at the house I'm met with Tanya and Kate waiting at me in front of the building. I smiled widely and hugged the sisters when I got to them. Oh, how I missed these two. They were more like sisters to me than cousins.

"Natalia." At the sound of Carmen's voice, I turn around to see both Carmen and Eleazar walking in my direction. I smile when I get to them and hug Carmen. She was always more affectionate than Eleazar.

"What are you doing here? Not that we are not happy to see you." I laugh lightly at her question making her smile.

"I just needed a little vacation alone." Kate grinned and put her arm around my shoulders making me look up at her. She was much taller than me, I probably looked like a child standing beside her.

"Well, whatever the reason it is I do not care as long as I get to spend some time with you." I laugh while Tanya rolls her eyes.

"Come, you'll probably want to set your clothes in your room." I nod at Kate and follow after her.

"So how has everything been since I saw you last time? Oh, and where is Irina?" Kate groaned when I mentioned Irina making me raise an eyebrow confused. Did they get into a fight again? I wouldn't be really shocked Irina was able to have a short temper.

"She's fine, but you might not see much of her because she is so captivated by Laurent. But if you do see her she's probably attached to his hip." I raise an eyebrow at her tone.

"And I'm guessing that annoys you?" Kate rolls her eyes as we enter the room I will be staying in. She lazily falls onto the couch beside the bookshelf as I open my suitcase and start to unpack my clothes.

"I'm happy that she found her love I really am, but oh god can they be annoying. Like I know they're in love and all but I don't need to see them at their faces every hour of the day. I mean can't they be like Carmen and Eleazar?" I giggled at her ranting. Oh, I remember the first years of Rosalie and Emmett's relationship. It was truly very hard to be around them because of how much they would showcase their love.

But I don't blame them. Back in the old days, Edward would always complain about how much time I would spend with my mate... He always said how we couldn't live with each other...

The irony.

I nod hanging some clothes on the hangers. "Oh, I know what you are talking about. I had to go through this with Rosalie and Emmett." Kate sat up watching me.

"How long did it take for them to calm down?" I show her a slightly awkward smile. Sure they calmed down but they still can get overboard. Kate groans falling backward making me laugh.

♡♡♡♡♡

A couple of hours later Kate left for a hunt because of how long I was taking with unpacking my clothes. But in my defence, Alice was the one that packed my things and that girl was able to pack a full closet in a single bag.

I sighed putting the last piece of clothing in the closet before walking towards the door. As I open the door I'm met with someone's hard chest. I step back and look up to see red eyes staring into my golden one.

"I'm sorry Laurent, I didn't know you were walking by." He shows me a kind toothy smile.

"It's alright. I didn't know you were coming here, did you get bored of your human pet?" My eyes widen when he calls Bella my 'pet.' I thought he saw her as more than food.

"Bella isn't our pet, Laurent. I just thought it would be nice to have some vacation. Alone." Laurent's eyes seemed to be watching me intently as if trying to figure out if I was lying. Why would I be? There's nothing I have to hide.

"So your family didn't come with you?" Why is he acting so weird with asking so many questions?

"No, it's just me." He smiled lightly and was about to say something more but before he was able to we heard Irina's happy voice.

"Natalia hey I didn't know you were coming over." As she walked over she grabbed Laurent's hand looking up at him lovingly before looking down at me smiling.

"Ya, it was more of a surprise I guess." She nods smiling. I'm not used to this much smiling coming from Irina. Now I know what Kate meant when she said Irina was acting clingy.

"Well, it's still nice to see you again." I nod and watch them walk away, but before they do Laurent sends me a weird look. I furrow my brows when I see their departing figures.

"What are you planning Laurent?"