Hunting

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

She ran after Emmett with Esme and Carlisle at both of her sides, her feet kissing the land. Perhaps a little while ago she would have balked at the idea of running so far and fast, but now she relishes the prospect. These feet were made to travel at speed and as light as the paws of a lioness. Breathing steady, heart strong - this girl was born to run.

She knew they didn't have much time. Jacob would only be able to hold them off with talking just for a while. They had to be faster and quieter than before with hopes that none of the wolves that were guarding the house would notice.

The sound of wolves growling and running made Natalia turn her head back while still running. She knew she was no match for them even with Emmett on her side. Noticing his sister looking back Emmett quickly grabbed her by the arm pulling her with him.

"Don't lose focus." It wasn't often that Emmett was serious about anything but when he was Natalia knew best to listen. Nodding her head she looked in front of herself determined while quickening her paste causing Emmett's grasp on her arm to fall.

The wolfs were only meters away from Esme, hearing her panting Natalia looked back only to see the two wolfs knocking her adoptive mom down the hill. She was about to run after her but Emmett made the move before her and sent her a stern look telling her to keep going. Nodding while looking up Natalia knew that the safest way to lose the wolfs would be by trees.

She jumped gracefully into the trees while jumping from one to another like a monkey in the jungle. She made no sound and was moving faster than before causing a tone of weights to be dropped off her chest.

When she noticed the river in front of her she jumped from the tree to the other side causing her hair to flow while her skin shined from the moonlight. When she jumped to the other side and landed safely she heard the sound of wolves running and growling with each second was louder.

Not much longer after hearing that she saw Esme, Carlisle and Emmett emerging from the forest and jumping in her direction only seconds before the wolves would have been able to get to them. The four of them stood with Natalia in between Emmett and Carlisle watching the growling wolfs on the other side of the river.

Wasting no more time the group ran deeper into the forest only hearing the howling of the wolves as they left. Natalia knew that they made it in time and that by now the pack knew it didn't go their way.

All of them ran in a different direction to hunt and Natalia knew that when the last sunrays of the day kiss the heathland when the greens and purples melt into grey under the moonlight, that's when the rabbits are out to forage and play.

She ran in the direction she knew she would find them and with her luck she saw them moving slowly, lolloping in their ungainly way, grazing as they go in a field covered with flowers. At the slightest noise, they're up on their hind legs, black eyes staring in more directions than the predator animals can. Sometimes Natalia will watch them for a while, just because she needs to feed them, it doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate nature. But today was different, she hadn't fed for months meaning her hunger was stronger than normal. She also had to be quicker that night because who knew how much time they had before Bella would be giving birth. She would much rather be with Bella right now keeping an eye on her but she couldn't.

When she jumped out of her hiding spot and grabbed onto the fragile animal breaking its neck she dug her fangs into its delicate skin once she heard the snap. The burning sensation in her throat grew more when she pressed her fangs deeper into the body. The last drop of blood traced its way inside her mouth and she savored every second of it. The tick venom lined the inside of her mouth immediately sapping any moisture that may enter.

Once she was finished with the rabbit she placed it on the ground while cleaning her mouth with the back of her hand. Knowing this small animal was nowhere near enough she didn't waste any second more and ran in the direction of finding another animal.

Each step she takes leaves a fresh, crisp footprint in the ground. It is as if she's the only soul to have ever walked here, yet the tracks of a stray deer prove otherwise. She finds the deer grazing on a small patch of grass that had the moonlight directly on it making it look like a Hollywood movie scene she stares at it. The way the animal was so graceful made Natalia somewhat calm as she watched it with her breaths silent. After a while, she takes her chance jumping at the animal causing its head to shoot up but not noticing the girl fast enough for it to run away. Once again when she got near she broke the deer's neck before quickly digging her fangs into its flesh causing her eyes to close from the sensation.

She pulled away from the animal for a second to lick her lips, trying to wet her mouth. A slight breeze blew past, making her open mouth even drier. Opening her eyes again she bit into the animal again while sucking out each and every drop of blood it had and when she was finished she stood up and dried her mouth with the back of her hand again.

The noise from the side made her quickly turn only to calm down when it was only Emmett walking in her direction with a visible smirk on his face meaning that taming his hunger brought back his cocky side once again.

"You full yet?" Letting a smile appear once her eyes turned back gold from their black colour she nodded smiling.

"Yes, I see you're feeling better too?" Crossing his arms over his chest while chuckling he nodded.

"I'm more than better." Rolling her eyes Natalia ran off in the direction that Esme and Carlisle went so they could start heading back to Bella. Once they got to the pair they saw Carlisle on the phone with a distressed look on his face causing Natalia and Emmett to share a worried glance knowing that this day had gotten much harder to go through, that the escape from the wolves was the easier part of the night.

"The placenta must have detached. We'll be there as fast as we can." Natalia walked forward to Carlisle knowing what must have happened but not wanting to believe it because they weren't there to help.

"Carlisle? What's going on?" Putting his phone into his pocket as he started to run back in the direction from where they came Carlisle said the words that Natalia was oh so hoping he wouldn't.

"Bella's in labour." It was then that the whole family started to sprint in the direction of the house. Natalia couldn't help but blame herself, she knew something was going to happen today she had a gut feeling and instead of going with it, she chose to ignore it. She blamed herself that she wasn't there to help Bella when she needed it the most.