Unexpected

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Natalia was sitting down with Renesmee in the lounge area looking through the pictures that the little girl took. Earlier on today Natalia, Renesmee and Jacob went for a walk in the forest deciding to make different types of pictures. There was one picture that had to be Natalia's favourite, it was a picture of Jacob, Jacob in a flower crown to be more precise.

When they were on the walk Natalia taught Renesmee how to make flower crowns and the little girl just had to make one for Jacob. In the beginning, the shapeshifter wasn't into it but when he saw the look Renesmee showed him he couldn't just say no and Natalia who was holding the camera at that moment couldn't miss the opportunity and took the picture.

So as the two girls were looking through pictures they heard loud yelling coming from the front of the house. Natalia could recognize one of the voices as Kate.

"What's going on?" Renesmee asked Natalia as the blonde smiled down at her while caressing her head before she stood up.

"I'm not sure but I'll go check. How about you stay here and finish putting the photos into the album?" Nodding happily Renesmee turned back to the photos as Natalia walked in the direction of the exit.

As she walked out of the house she saw most of the vampires that were living in the house at the moment surrounding something. Natalia noticed Kate yelling at Edward who was standing between Carlisle and Bella. Furrowing her brows the girl decided to speak up to make herself known.

"What's going on?" Kate turned around when she heard the girl's voice and she let out a breath of relief while Carlisle and Edward got a worried look when they noticed the girl. This was a bad moment for her to find out.

"Nat! Thank god, finally someone that will understand that they shouldn't have brought him here." Still confused by Kate Natalia furrowed her brows as she looked at her cousin.

"Who?" It was then that a voice spoke up that made her freeze while her face became paler.

"Awh, did you forget about me so soon Love." After a second Natalia turned around to see the source of the voice. As she turned around everyone that was surrounding the boy moved out of the way so the two could look at each other but even though they moved away from him they still sent him deadly and some scared glares.

(Face claim change again... last time I promise. Benjamin Wadsworth)

For perhaps a split second her grief was suspended, the surprise protecting her until it shattered like glass

For perhaps a split second her grief was suspended, the surprise protecting her until it shattered like glass. I guess you could call it shock, but to her, they're the same thing for the first fraction of a second -an inability to compute.

His voice was the same since she had seen him first, still the same silky smooth flowing around her like music and his face still the same just as handsome... The only difference was his hair, the hair that once reached his shoulders was now cut short.

In the split second that he is illuminated by the sun her face falls from elation to horror and then to a controlled visage of concern. She wants to be running forward at him and throwing herself into his arms but she can't. She wished for this day, the day that the love of her life would finally return...

But seeing him here right now gave her more pain than sorrow... As she looked into his eyes all she could see was the man that left her... the man that told her he loved her and wanted to spend time with him... She didn't hate him even though she wanted to... she wanted to walk up to him and slap him in the face but she couldn't...

All she could do was stand still frozen in the spot like the whole world was crushing on her.

Ace watches the love of his life stand in front of him, and he wants to run at her and finally hug her. But he can't, he knows he's not allowed.. not after everything, he's done. But he hoped to see some sort of reaction out of her.

Anything.

Shouting, punching, anything... This silence and the look in her eyes made him realize how much he hurt her. He sees the pain in her eyes that he missed so much. It has sat there for a very long time, trapped in the confusion.

"Ro.." She said it so quietly that someone who didn't have enhanced hearing wouldn't have been able to hear it, the vampires present were barely about to hear it.

When he heard her speak up it was like music to his ears

"Ah, so you didn't forget me," Ace said but it was too much for her, she started to panic inside while her eyes started to dart from every vampire present there sending her confused looks. Carlisle and Edward were worried for the girl knowing this would have been the way she had reacted.

She couldn't take it anymore so she did what she thought would be the best at this moment.

She ran.

She didn't hear anything, she didn't hear her name being called or them telling her to stop. She wasn't prepared.

She didn't even know where she was going, all that mattered to her at this moment was to be as far away from the house as possible.

Her breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous. At her sides, fingers curled into sweaty fists, swinging forward as if it would make her faster. Her heart was pumping like it was about to stop working as she sprinted forward, panic trembling in her exhausted limbs.

She ran with her eyes completely shut trying to get the images out of her mind, his smirk that she had missed so much now she wished she would not see it anymore.

As she ran she collided with a body that wrapped its arms around her body causing her to tense up. When she opened her eyes wanting to pull out of the grasp her heart slowed down a little bit when she was met with Seth's puppy brown eyes.

"Seth!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and let out a painful dry cry because she wasn't able to let any tears fall out her eyes. As he held onto her he couldn't help but feel her pain.

That's why he was in the forest, he was looking for her. He thought that something happened to her. That someone hurt her.

"What is it? Did someone hurt you?!" Seth asked but Natalia was only able to shake her head as she buried her face in the crock of his neck. He didn't ask any more questions.

That's all he needed to know. He knew that all he had to do right now was let her cry out all the pain she was feeling and then ask if she would be ready.

He was going to be there for her, he was going to be the shoulder to lean on that she so needed right now.

A/N
So..ya...That happened