Car Accident

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

It's a cold wet day and we are waiting at the school parking lot. I'm standing between Rosalie and Alice watching Edward. He's been keeping his distance from Bella from the incident with his eye color but he still stares at her from afar. I sigh looking back at Rosalie to see her looking at Bella with an angry look. I understand why she doesn't like the human girl but she should tone down a bit on her attitude.

As if she could hear my thoughts she speaks up without taking her eyes off Bella.

"I'm not being mean Natalia, I'm being reasonable and thinking through the situations that could come out. I don't think Edward understands the measures it could lead our family into." I opened my mouth to speak up but I was cut off when I heard the sound of wheels on the ground screeching. My eyes widen as I see the car going in Bella's direction. My eyes quickly moved to the spot where Edward was to see it empty. My eyes grow bigger, I'm about to move forward but I'm stopped by Rosalie grabbing my arm.

Edward gets to Bella just in time to stop the van from hitting her. The commotion starts at the parking lot alarming us. We close our umbrellas and Rosalie keeps her hold on my arm and leads me into her car. She's angry and I'm stunned. She gets into the driver's seat and she looks like she's about to explode.

"Okay Kitty, I need you to calm down. I'm sure he had a good reason as to-" I'm cut off by Rosalie's distressed voice.

"No! You're not going to try and explain his actions for him again! He's not a newborn anymore. He knows what he's doing and he knows the things that can happen if the humans find out about us. Do you realize what the Volturi would do if they found out what Edward just did?!" I stare at her as flashbacks of how Aro used to prosecute vampires that broke the rules travel back to my mind. I squint my eyes when I imagine that happening to Edward. I sigh and sit back in my seat looking at the road in front of us.

"I guess you're right..." She looks at me through the corner of my eyes and sighs. I guess she's happy someone is finally agreeing with her on this subject. I'm not exactly on either side. I understand Edwards and Rosalie's side perfectly, but after what happened today it made me a little more self-conscious of the whole Bella situation.

When we get to the hospital's parking lot we see Edward's car arrive at the same time. Rose gets out of the car quickly and charges at a human past at Edward. I sigh pulling out the keys and getting out of the car.

"Are you insane!?" An angry Edward turns around to face an even more fuming Rosalie.

"What Rosalie? What is it? Did you come here to give me one of your lectures about how I'm stupid or irresponsible?!"

"Why would I!? It seems that everything I tell you comes in one ear and goes out the other one!" Edward goes dangerously close to Rose

"You know what Rose?" I get in between the two pulling them away.

"Enough! You two need to calm down and stop acting like children." The two stop arguing but keep sending each other glares. I sigh brushing off my clothes.

"Now, we're going to walk in and see what Carlisle has to say. Alright?" The two don't say anything and walk in silently. I stare at them unamused.

"And they say I'm the most childish.." I shake my head walking in after them.

After a couple of minutes of waiting in front of Carlisle's office, we see him coming in our direction.

"And? Anything we should worry about?" Carlisle looks between the three of us before answering.

"She seems curious, she said you got to her really quickly and pushed her out of the way just in time. But she didn't ask any unusual questions." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding while Rose glares at Edward.

"We're lucky, but who knows what the people are going to talk about because of Edwards idiocy.." Carlisle sighs massaging his temples as Edward sends her a heated gaze.

"Rosalie.." Rose's eyes snap back to Carlisle when he says her name and she shakes her head. Edward looks between the three of us agitated.

"Oh like you wouldn't do it for Emmett, Esme or..." My eyes widen as I look at him, Rosalie's eyes snap in his direction even more heated now.

"Oh no! You don't get to guilt trip us! Especially not Natalia." Edward sighs and looks between us before speaking up while being completely done with this.

"What was I supposed to just let her die?" Carlisle looks over at Edward with a complex look.

"This isn't about you but about the family." Our eyes travel to our right and we notice Bella standing there watching us. I squint my eyes on the brunette. I know she's only curious but listening to a conversation is just plain rude.

"Edward, can I talk to you for a second?" I keep my eyes on Edward as he looks down. Carlisle grabs me and Rose by the shoulders and leads us into his office.

When Carlisle closes the door I turn to him with concerned eyes. Rosalie looks between the two of us complex.

"What are we going to do when the girls start asking questions? Are we just going to move because of some stupid girl?" I sighed looking out the window, I may not like Forks but I don't want to move, I'm not the biggest fan of starting high school over, and over again.

"Whatever we will have to do we'll do it as a family." I look back at Carlisle with a not-so-sure look. What if this girl is the reason our family will end?