Awakening

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Changing from a human to a vampire is a painful experience. The pain isn't sharp like needlepoint or a knife, it burns around all your innards better than boiling water. Everything feels scolded and you're in more pain than you could have ever imagined was possible. A bullet would be more merciful than the change.

It may have been hundreds of years since she went through it but she still remembers it like it was yesterday. The feeling of screaming while no one could hear her or see the burning sensation flowing through her body even though it looked like she was peacefully sleeping on the outside.

Natalia stood over an unconscious Bella watching her while gently touching her hair. It was only a matter of time before the once-human girl would open her red eyes and step into the world of being a vampire.

Even though the change is painful when the girl wakes up she will feel nothing. The pain will disappear like it was never there. Her eyes will notice everything she didn't see before, every speck of dust and every movement of grass. It's like looking at everything through a magnifying glass with the colors being 100 times more vibrant.

Smiling down at the girl Natalia turned away from Bella and started to walk in the direction where Renesmee was sleeping. It's been only two days but the baby looks like she was a couple of months old. As she walked in she was met with Jacob holding onto the girl while looking down at her with eyes full of love. She sometimes wondered if when Seth saw her he looked at her in the same way. Leaning against the doorway while crossing her arms over her chest she spoke up making her presence known.

"Well, you look cosy." Taking his eyes off his imprint for only a second to look up at the vampire girl he chuckled while smiling. He only now truly understood it, the whole aspect of having an imprint, how worried Seth would be about Natalia or how protective Sam would be over Emily.

"I just can't stay away from her. I thought I loved Bella but when I'm around Nessie..." Pushing away from the doorway and walking in the two's direction she smiled down at the baby that had woken up and started to giggle while looking between the two.

"She's growing up so fast... Next thing we know she's a teenager and shopping with Alice." Natalia could feel Jacob freezing slightly beside her, he was worried. Everyone was. Renesmee was growing up so fast which made everyone worried about how much time they had left with her. Looking up at Jacob Natalia placed her hand on his arm with a smile.

"I know you're worried about her, all of us are. But she'll be fine. If anyone could survive all of this it's Renesmee." Smiling sadly while looking at Nessie Jacob nodded.

"Right," Jacob said only one word but you could still hear the uncertainty in his voice. The two looked away from Nessie when they heard the rest of the family except Edward walk in. Rosalie walked straight to Renesmee with a huge smile on her face while Carlisle placed his arms around Esme hugging her from the back and looking at Natalia before speaking up.