The Window Shopper

There once lived a window shopper. He really loved to window shop. He walked from building to building, to town to town, to country to country. Looking at all the windows trying to figure out which window to buy. One day he found an astounding window. The window was exquisite. He said, "I must have this window!" He ran into the store and said "Excuse me, I would love to buy your window."

The customer service clerk said, "Um, what?"

The window shopper replied with a smile, "Your window, I want to buy it. It is absolutely exquisite, I must have it for my collection. You see, I am a window collector."

The customer service clerk was puzzled and said, "Well let me get my boss because I only know that we have a sale on all jackets. So if you are interested in jackets I can point you to where they are located."

The window shopper said, "Yes, please get your boss, I came here for windows not for jackets. I have an adequate amount of jackets...I actually have quite too many. Come to think about it, I need to take a trip to the Goodwill soon to donate some of them....You see, my closet is getting awfully cluttered, and my wife hates clutter. You know how the saying goes, a happy wife a happy life, HA-HA! Therefore my good boy, I have to make her happy."

The customer service clerk responded, "Uhhh...okay. Hey boss some guy is here wanting to buy the window."

The boss comes out of the office, "What are you talking about? The window? We don't sell windows."

The window shopper sees the boss and immediately greets him with an enthusiastic handshake, "Hey sir! I am here to purchase your window. I don't care how much it costs, for I must have that window! You don't understand, this window will complete my collection of exquisite windows!"

The boss is confused and responds by saying, "Come again?"

The window shopper screams in madness, "What don't you understand!? Do you not understand English? I want that window!!! I must have it! I must have it! Oh I must have it I tell you! My heart yearns for it! My soul bellows for it! Here, please, take my money."

The boss replies, "No can do, you cannot have it. It is not for sale. I will repeat, It...is...not...for... SALE."

The window shopper is furious. He replies, "But why?"

The boss replies, "Because I too am also a window collector and if I sell it, then well... You see, I will no longer have a complete collection of exquisite windows...Plus some things are not worth selling."

The window shopper pauses for a second, then responds, "Hmmmmmmmmm, fair enough. Toodaloo!" He waves goodbye and walks out the store twirling a candy cane that he found in his coat.

The End