Chapter 1: How Everything is Going

(This chapter is just meant to set up the story. How Melissa and Chris' relationship is going and such)

Melissa's POV
Chris and I have been together for almost 2 years now. We're doing great. Nothing getting into our relationship.
Chris has been there for me since the day I met him and I try my hardest to be there for him as much as I can.

As of right now though he's discussing his past months work miles away while I'm standing in the windy streets of Vancouver, Canada.
We've been away from each other for a couple days due to our lives having different agendas. His life entails him to be in New York City to meet with some other known writers about a story he is currently working on.

Then, me standing here in my fit Supergirl suit with a warm winter jacket on and a hot cup  of tea in my shivering hands, on a street lined with cameras instead of cars.

"Melissa! You're on in 5!" yells a woman's voice from metres away and so I leave my tea, put on  a smile and walk over in the direction of the voice.

Chris's POV

"Ok, let's take a lunch break everyone," says Jerry Fitzpatrick, the reason I left Melissa to go to Vancouver while I came here to New York City.
When I hugged her goodbye at the airport in Los Angeles I could tell she was holding herself back from convincing me not to leave. But we both know how big of an opportunity this is.

I've only been gone for a couple days, but it's felt like years. Melissa means so much to me, she makes me so happy and so proud. I love her so much.

Sitting down outside I smell the city air surrounding me. Reminding me of the 3 or so months I spent her in the past summer because Melissa was doing a Broadway musical.
I think back to watching her up on the stage. I had never seen her so happy and in-the-moment. My vision went blurry and I hurried to find something to get rid of my tears before anyone saw.

Now I'm back, without her here. It's honestly not the same.

I glance down at my phone and see it's 12:30pm. I stand up and head back into the old brick building.

Hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter! I promise the next one will be longer!
-E