Chapter 58: Telling Chris and Willow

Melissa's POV

We've been in LA for almost two weeks. A couple days ago I found out that I'm pregnant again. I haven't told Chris yet because I want it to be special the second time around.

Today is the day.

I went out this morning and bought a box to put a test in and also some balloons.

Chris is leaving to meet up with some of his friends later, so that's when I'm going to tell Willow and set up the balloons.

—later that day—

"Have fun," I say, kissing him goodbye for now.
"I will. You two don't have too much fun without me, okay?"
"Sure thing."

After Chris leaves I bring Willow down the hall into the bright living room.

"Mommy's got something to tell you," I tell her.
She looks at me with wide eyes. "Okay."
"You're going to be a big sister," I say as I hold her hands in mine.
"Really?" she asks.
"Yeah."

She smiles big and hugs my legs. "Thank you."
I don't respond, but I pick her up and hug her close to me. "I love you."
"I wuv you too," she says.

After a couple minutes, I set her down. "Daddy doesn't know yet. Can you help me surprise him?"
"Yeah!" She jumps up and down.

We spend the next little while blowing up the balloons which I mostly do myself, but she showed me where she though they should go.

"When is dadda coming home?" Willow asks.
Before he left, he said he'd be back around two, which is in two hours.
"In a little bit."

The door opens at exactly two o'clock.

Willow runs out of her room and sits beside me on the couch.
Chris comes down the hallway and stops abruptly when he sees the decorations.

"What's all this?" he asks as he looks around.
Beside me, Willow is bubbling with excitement so much that she can't hold it in any longer. "I'm getting a baby sister!"

Chris looks from her to me. "Wha—?"
"I could be a boy," I tell Willow.
"It's a girl," she says.

Chris still looks confused. "Are you actually?"
I stand up. "Yeah."

He rushes over and embraces me in a hug. "I'm so happy."
"Good," I whisper against his shoulder. "I'm happy you're happy."

When he pushes away, his face is red with happy tears running down his cheeks. "For the record, I think it's a boy."
"Interesting," I say.

"What do you think," he says. "About the name Ivan instead of Ivy?"
"No. Definitely not." I laugh.
"What do you have against my name ideas?" He smiles.

"I did chose Willow and you loved it the second I told you," I remind him.
"I chose Marie," he points out.

"Well, I choose Charlotte for the middle name," I tell him. "If it's a girl."
"If it is," he says. "If it is."

Thank you guys so much for all the love on my story. I can't believe 14 thousand people have read it. Today, I was sitting in a really boring Math class and all the sudden I get a notification about a comment on here, and it makes me smile. So thank you:)
-E