Chapter 34: New York City Troubles

Chris's POV

The production of my story that's being made into a movie is going well. I have to read over the script to approve it and make any changes, then I'll come back in a month to sit in on the first day of filming.

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon even though we've only been here for two days because Melissa has to be on set at 6:30am the next morning.

I woke up early to start reading the script when I just happen to glance over at Willow when she opens her eyes.

"Hey little one," I whisper, setting down the papers and quietly get out from under the covers.
I pick her up in my arms and rock her gently, back and forth.

Suddenly I hear the sound of a picture being taken behind me. I turn and see Melissa laying in bed with her phone in front of her face.
She laughs a little, "whoops. I forgot my sound was on."
"That scared me," I tell her as I sit down on the bed next to her.

She shows me the picture. You can't even see Willow's face, just the top of her head and her feet covered in her onesie she's wearing.

"Should I post this?" Melissa asks me.
"Yeah, I think it's cute," I say.

Melissa's POV

We decide to go out for lunch, just the three of us. I had hoped we wouldn't be disrupted on our walk down the streets of New York City to lunch, but my hope didn't help at all.

"Why're y'all in New York this afternoon?" the paparazzi asks.
He has a decently big camera and he's not considering personal space whatsoever.
"Work," Chris says, pulling his hat down farther.
"Cool, cool," the guy says.

We continue walking. Chris is holding Willow in her carrier with a blanket over the top the handle to hide her face.

"How's your little one enjoying the city?"
"Good," Chris answers again.
The resturant comes up on the corner and we slip inside.

"That guy probably didn't even know who we were," Chris points out to me once we've sat down at a table.
"Yeah."

Chris's POV

I finish reading the script that night. I stayed up to feed Willow during the night, so Melissa didn't wake up and have to do it.

I wake in the morning to the sound of a ringing phone. I open my eyes and turn to see Melissa gone, but her phone is sitting on the side table, ringing.

I push myself over and grab the phone, planning to just send it to voicemail, but its Greg Berlanti.

I answer, "Hi Greg. This is Chris."
"Chris! Hey! I was just calling to inform Melissa taht we'll be flying her down to LA in 5 days."
"Okay, thank you. I'll tell her."
"Thanks, have a great time in New York," he says, then hangs up.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
What do you think about the name Florence Charlotte? Nickname: Ren?
I might not work because Candice King has a daughter named Florence and she was on Vampire Diaries with Chris so that might be weird?
-E