Chapter 36: Lives Apart

Melissa's POV

All I want is some coffee, but ever since my daughter was born I can't walk down the street without a paparazzi following me.

"Where's Chris?" they ask.
"He's in Vancouver," I say.
"Taking care of the baby?"
"Yes."

I step into the coffee shop and wait in line.
My phone starts ringing in my pocket.

"Hey."
"Hi, good morning darling," says Chris, over the phone.
"Good morning," I say.
"Are you heading to set?"
"I'm just getting some coffee," I say, glancing back to see if the paparazzi is still there.
They still are. Just standing there, on their phone.

"Oh okay. I just fed Willow and she's laying on the floor playing with that sqeaky toy now."
"Aw, send a picture."
"I will. Have a good day love."
"I will."

Chris's POV

I decide to take a walk by the water with Willow after her afternoon nap.

First things first, we need a stroller for her because I usually don't take her for walks so I haven't got one yet.

I step into the baby store holding Willow in a carrier Melissa never uses that you strap onto your chest. Good thing she's sleeping or else she would probably be squeling around, trying to get out of it.

I find a good stroller and send a picture to Melissa for her approval. She texts back that she likes it, so I take the box to the front and buy it.

I take it home in the car and put it together. Willow cries when I put her in it for a little while, but she quiets down after a couple minutes.

We take a walk by the water and I check every once and awhile to see if she's sleeping or not.

Jerry Fitzpatrick calls after a bit and tells me I'll need to be in Atlanta, Georgia for filming in five weeks. Which is fine because I like Atlanta from the one time I've been there.

Melissa's POV

"Hey! How are you?" I ask Grant, who was watching my dogs while I was in Vancouver.
"I'm good, I'm good," he says, just as Farley comes running to the door and crashes into my legs.
"Hi Farley," I say as I bend down to pet her.
"Drift is in the back. Come on in, I'll get him."

After picking up the dogs, I go to the pet store to get some dog food.

"Hey, Melissa Benoist. Right?" a lady asks behind me.
I turn, "yes. That's me."
"Could I take a picture with you?" she asks.

I consider saying no for a second, but push the thought away. "Sure."
I smile through the thought of not wanting to do this in the first place.

"Thank you," she says.
"You're welcome."

I pick up the dog food and get out of the store and back into the apartment.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
-E