Chapter 39: All Good

Melissa's POV

I try to convince Chris to let me just go to the doctors appointment by myself, but he won't change his mind.

"Chris, please."
"I'm coming. Let's go," he says, picking up willow and placing her in her seat.

I grab my coat and slip on some shoes then leave the apartment to let him follow.
"Melissa!" he calls down the hallway after me.

I hop in the car and turn it on.
Chris gets in other side after pulling Willow in her car seat. I start driving without speaking.

Chris looks like he wants to say something multiple times on our way to the doctors, but doesn't.

"Good afternoon Ms. Benoist," says the doctor when we arrive. "What seems to be wrong?"
"I haven't been feeling well the past couple days."
"Same feeling when you were pregnant with your daughter?" he asks, walking over to his desk.
"Yes," I say.
"Okay," he pulls something out of his desk drawer. "Take this. Then we can go from there."

I take the test from his hand and leave Chris in the room with Willow and the doctor.

A couple minutes later, I finish and head back to the room.
"Alright. Looks like it's negative," says the doctor.

I take a deep breath. Chris relaxes behind me.

"It's most likely just a stomach flu of the sort," the doctor tells me and he gives me a piece of paper. "Pick up this medicine from the pharmacy today."
"Thank you," I say.

We leave the doctors in quiet. Neither Chris or I speaking.

Then I say, "so, you're happy?"
"I'm relieved," he says, looking over at me. "We can't have another baby while you're still filming Supergirl, Melissa. After though, I would be extremely happy."
"After Supergirl," I repeat, smiling.

Chris's POV

Usually during the couple months in summer when Melissa's not filming we go to Los Angeles, but Melissa doesn't want to be in the hot weather and I don't blame her.
We decide to stay in Vancouver until Season 5 filming starts then we'll have to head down to Los Angeles with Willow and the dogs.

"What are you thinking about?" asks Melissa, sitting down across from me with a bowl of salad in her hands.
"Where we're going to live," I tell her.

"Hmm," she mumbles.
"I know we already talked about it, but I was just thinking it over."
"Okay."
"Is Willow asleep?"
"Hope so," she says, her mouth full of salad.
"Okay."

"Do you want to watch a movie?" she suggests.
"Sure."
"Which one?" She asks as she gets up to go into the kitchen.
"Which ever one you would like," I say.
She turns and smiles at me. "Okay."

Sike. Hope I didn't get any of your hopes up. I would never make Chris mad about Melissa being pregnant:)
-E