Chapter 35: Vancouver to Los Angeles

Melissa's POV

I don't really want to go to Los Angeles and leave Willow and Chris, but I'm almost done filming Season 4.

"Melissa, the plane is landing," Chris says as he pushes my arm lightly.

I pack up my stuff and Chris hands me Willow to hold while he puts his book and laptop in his bag.
This time when the plane lands Willow doesn't cry because Chris is distracting her by tickling her.
I smile at the sight of them together.

We get back to the apartment way past Willows bedtime, so the second her head lays on the mattress if her crib she's fast asleep.

I come back out to the living room to see Chris collapsed on the couch, sound asleep.
"Chris," I say, shaking him. "Get into an actual bed please."
"Okay. Okay," he groans, getting up.

Chris's POV

"We'll miss you," I say, kissing Melissa before she leaves for Los Angeles.
"I'll miss you two," she says.
She kisses Willows forehead and then we all hug.

After she leaves I warm up a bottle for Willow and I sit on the couch while I feed her it.
I click open Instagram and scroll through recent pictures from people that I follow, then check a page that usually posts gossip and sometimes stuff about Melissa and I.

I was right. There was a post from a week ago that we were in New York with our child.

Willow finishes her bottle and I put her crib for her afternoon nap.

Melissa's POV

Chyler texted and said she was going to pick me up from the airport.

"Melissa!" she says, pulling up in-front of me at the airport.
"Hey. How are you?" I ask as I get into the car.
"I'm good. How are you and the baby?" she asks then pulls away from the airport.
"She's good. I'm alright."
"Just alright?"
"Yeah. I don't like leaving them, I'm afraid I'll miss something important in her life," I say, glancing over at Chyler.

"You won't. She's still do young. How many months is she now?"
"Two and a half."
"You won't be missing anything while you're gone for five days."

We pull up in-front of my apartment. I thank her and go inside.

When I get up to my apartment, I FaceTime Chris, even though I know it's late.
"Hey darling," he says. "How's the city of Lost Angels?"
"Sad without Angels," I reply.
"Melissa, please enjoy you're time there. I've got it."
"I know."

"Are the dogs there?"
"No. I have to go pick them up from Grant."
"Okay," he says. "It's late. You should get some rest."
"I will. I love you."
"I love you too."

Ugh babies. I love them so much.
-E