Chapter 45: LA & Atlanta

Melissa's POV

"Willow, sweetie, we're going to be late if you don't hurry and pick a toy to bring," I tell her.

Today we are heading to Los Angeles, California for five days to film some stuff for Supergirl. By the time we get back to Vancouver, Chris will be on his way back as well.

"Got one!" she squeals and runs towards me, holding a bunny under her arm.
"Okay. Let's go."

I collect the dogs, hook them up to their leashes, grab the suitcase and Willow's hand then we're out the door.

Chris's POV

I've been in Atlanta for two and half days and I've got maybe nine hours of sleep altogether. I have come to regret writing so many night scenes into the story in the first place.

It's currently almost 10 pm and I'm sitting at the desk in the hotel writing\reading over the script they're going to shoot tomorrow.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. It's Melissa.

I answer it. "Hey. How's it going?"
"Hi. It's going okay. I just got Willow to bed and the dogs are...," she trails off and I hear barking behind her.

"The dogs are?"
"Um, barking at a squirrel that's outside the window and I can't pull them into another room."

"Could you close the blinds?" I suggest.
"There's no blinds in the LA apartment yet."
I didn't know she was in LA. "You're in LA?"
"Yeah," she says. "I'm pretty sure I texted you about it the day you left for Atlanta."

I don't answer, but go onto messages to see that she did text me that she was taking Willow and the dogs to Los Angeles.

"Sorry. I've just been so busy with everything," I explained.
"It's okay."

"Okay. How does Willow like it there?"
"I don't think she likes the heat."
"Just like her mamma."
"Indeed."

Melissa's POV

Chris sounded so tired on the phone last night. I wish I could've jumped through the phone and wrap him in my arms and tell him to get some rest.

Willow is sitting on the floor of the living room watching her favourite TV show while she eats her breakfast slowly.

I had to shut the dogs in the guest room because they kept trying to steal her cereal and eggs.

Today is a busy day. We're going to the Supergirl set to film some flying scenes then I'm going to take Willow shopping. I have decided to get some things to make the extra bedroom in the LA apartment a room for Willow.

In Vancouver the apartment is a one bedroom. We bought not thinking we would have a baby on the way, so Willow sleeps in the corner of Chris and my room. I think she's excited to have her own space here.

Hope y'all enjoyed:)
-E