Chapter 64: The Right One

Chris's POV

Since Melissa agreed to look for a new place to live in, today we are going to a couple houses to look.

The first viewing starts at noon and it's only nine in the morning right now.

Melissa is still sleeping and Willow is laying on the floor with the dogs on either side of her.

At eleven when Melissa still isn't up, I go and peak in the bedroom. At first when I just glance at the bed, I don't see her. And then I spot the top of her head, where she's sitting next to the bed.

I start walking towards her. "Melissa?"
She looks back, sees it's me, then looks away. "I'm fine," she says. "Just..."

I sit down on the floor next to her, looking at her. "Are you sure you're fine?"
Her face is red, the top of her shirt is west from tears, I assume.
"No, no. I'm not." She looks over at me. "This is hard, Chris."
"What is?"

She vaguely waves her hands around. "Being pregnant first of all. I don't know why, but the second time around, it's just entirely different."
"I bet it is, but you're doing it. You're so strong, Melissa," I say as I wrap my arm around her.

She sighs slightly and rests her head on my shoulder. "When does the first showing start?"
"Noon," I tell her.
She sighs again. "Can I go in my pyjamas?"
"Sure, if you'd like," I say.
"Chris. No. You're supposed to say, 'Melissa. Get dressed.'" She laughs as she slowly pushes herself up.

Melissa's POV

I get dressed in some decent looking clothes given that I'm nineteen weeks pregnant and in a lot of pain.

I find some better shoes for Willow from her bedroom because Chris put blue shoes in her when they don't match her outfit at all.

I put the black shoes on her and we all head out the door.

We get to the first house ten minutes late.
"Welcome," says the agent. "I'll let you guys look around and then you can ask me any questions you may have after."
"Okay," Chris says. "Thank you."

After looking  around for a little bit, we decide it's not exactly the style we're looking for.

When we leave the first house and start driving to the next one, I ask Chris if we can stop and get food.
"Sure thing," he says.

We get food then head to the second house at 2pm.

"Same thing. You can look around, then ask questions after," the agent says.
"Alright," says Chris.

"I love this," I whisper as we walk around upstairs.
Willow is holding my hand, her other hand in her mouth.

"I love it too," Chris says.
"So," I prompt.
He looks at me. "I think we should put in an offer."
"I think so too."
We both smile.

any French speakers reading this?
tous les francophones lisant cette?
-E