Chapter 19: Preparing for Willow

Willows Due Date: April 2nd
Current Date in Story: March 28th

Melissa's POV

I'm sitting on the couch, eating some breakfast while Chris is still sleeping when my phone rings.

I pick it up, "hello?"
"Hi, is this Melissa Benoist?" asks the voice.
"Yes, it is."
"Hi Melissa, this is Doctor Phillips from St. Paul's Hospital. I was wondering if you could come to the hospital tomorrow so we can start setting up plans for your baby's birth."
"Alright. What time should I be there?"
"1 pm would be good."
"Okay. I'll be there."
"Thank you."
I hang up and go wake Chris.

"Hey" I say, pushing his arm lightly, "wake up sleepy head. It's 10 o'clock."
"What," he groans, rolling over.

"The doctor just called and said he wants us at the hospital tomorrow at 1pm," I tell him as he slowly wakes up.
"Okay," he whispers while rubbing his eyes.
I leave the room and go sit back down on the couch.

A couple minutes later Mr. Sleepy Head walls out of the room, dragging his feet into the kitchen.
"Is the hospital bag ready?" he asks, grabbing the bread out of the drawer.
"Uh, almost," I guess.

Chris's POV

When Melissa told me the doctor called and said we should go to the hospital tomorrow, it caught me off guard. I know the due date is in three days, but I thought that we would go when she started having contractions.

So, me thinking like I do sometimes, maybe something is wrong and they are planning for a C-section because the baby hasn't moved yet.
I know Melissa could make it through that, but I also know that's not what she wants.

I leave the apartment to go to the store to buy some more milk and bread.

Because most of the time I forget that I'm an actor, I also forget people like to photograph me waking down the street.

I decided to walk today because it's a nice day in Vancouver. And as I'm heading down the street, I catch a glimpse of a person with their camera pointed at me.

When I reach the store I don't think they're following me anymore.
I get bread, milk and a couple other things and head back home.

Melissa's POV

The hospital bag isn't ready because I haven't really wanted to whole/heartily think about going to the hospital.

This baby has been in me for over 9 months, it's not easy to just let go of that for me.

Once Chris leaves for the store, I find a decent bag and start putting some stuff I think I'll need, but I barely get 5 things in before I toss it aside and lay down on the bed.

I don't know if I'm ready for this.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
-E