Chapter 43: No Secrets

Melissa's POV

By the time we get home it's already 6 pm. We stopped for dinner and thank goodness we did because the last thing I want to do right now is make food.

I bring Willow to bed and get her in some pyjamas.
"Stay in bed while I get you a snack," I tell her as I lay her in her crib.

When I come back five minutes later, I expect her to be climbing around trying to get out, but to my utter surprise, she's not. Instead she's sound asleep.

I decide not to wake her to give her her snack and just let her sleep. So, I go out into the living room where Chris is sitting on the couch, typing an email on his laptop.

I sit down next to him. "So, are you going to tell me who that woman was?"
He stops typing and closes his laptop, setting it on the coffee table in-front of us. "She was an ex-girlfriend."
"Hmm," I wonder out loud.

"We were together eight years ago. She had an eight year old daughter with her," he tells me and for a split second it crosses my mind that that girl could be his daughter.
"She's not-."
"No, she's not. And even if she was, even if it would mean lying to her, I wouldn't want to involve myself with her."

"Why's that?"
"Because, for starters I have you and Willow. She has her mom and dad. I already have all I need and she already has all she needs. Sorry if that's selfish."

"No, Chris. I understand where you're coming from. i would think the same," I say as I put both my hands in his. "Does she know her biological father?"
"Yes."
"Then that's good."

Chris's POV

Talking to Melissa about one of my past relationships was very uncomfortable, but at least she knows and I won't be keeping secrets from her.

We're still sitting on the couch. Melissa is reading and I'm still typing this email to Jerry Fitzpatrick about the short film he's currently filming currently. The reason I'm emailing him is because he wants me in Atlanta, Georgia the same week Melissa starts the filming for Season 6 of Supergirl in July. And July is coming up pretty quickly.

Thinking out loud, I say to Melissa, "could Kristina go to LA to watch Willow while you're filming?"
"Why?" she asks, looking up from her book.
"Because I have to go to Atlanta on the same week you start the filming for Season Six."

"I could just ask Chyler or David or someone to watch her on set while I'm filming."
"I guess so."

I'd honestly rather Willow be home where she's comfortable and can't touch anything than on a loud set with lots of expensive equipment around.

But the again, it's Melissa's call. I trust her.

Hope y'all enjoyed:)
-E