Chapter 40: Happy Birthday Willow!

(March 29th 2020)

Melissa's POV

I wake up with a smile on my face.
My first daughter turns one today and I couldn't be more excited.

"Ahh," mumbles Willow as she wobbles into the bedroom with Chris chasing after her.
"Hey monkey," I say as I scoop her into my arms. "Happy birthday Lo."
"Ma," she says as she wraps her arms around neck.

"Okay Lo-Lo are you ready to go?" Chris asks, tickling her sides.
She squirms in my arms, laughing.

"We got to find you some shoes for those walking feet missy," I say, setting her down.
She laughs more, charging herself into Chris's legs.

"Woah there," Chris gasps and takes her hand, leading her into the living room.

I grab some cute little shoes for Willow and bring them out to put them on her.
"Hey you," I say, picking her up off the ground by the couch and plop her onto it. "We're going to be late."

I slide her into her shoes and she immediately jumps off the couch after I finish.

I grab her bag and mine as well as both of our coats and open the door. She dashes past me and in the hallway. I follow behind her, Chris behind me and make it to the car soon after.

Chris's POV

Today Melissa has to work even though it's our daughter's birthday, so we decided to take Willow to set.

"Hey!" says Chyler when we pull up to set. "Hey there birthday."
I look behind me just in time to see Willow flash a smile.
"Was that a smile I saw Willow Marie?" I ask, leaning back to tickle her stomach.

She laughs a little until I stop to get out of the car.

Willow and I watch behind the cameras quietly for a couple hours, then leave to get her a cake for tonight.

When we get to the cake section in the grocery store, she runs up to every cake and gasps what could be, "I want that one."
"You can't have all of them darling," I tell her, stroking her hair.

We finally decide on a pink cake with red roses on it.

When we pull up in-front of the set of Supergirl, Melissa is standing there for us.

"Did you two get a good cake?" she asks after getting in the car.
"We sure did, hey Willow," I say, looking at the mirror to see her behind me.
"Yummy," Melissa says and I start driving.

LATER

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Willow Marie, happy birthday to you," Melissa and I sing as we place the pink cake in-front of our little one year old daughter.

She smiles and looks up at us, unsure of what to do. I make a motion with my face to blow out the candles and follows, blowing the candles on the cake. Melissa snaps a picture with her two phone just in time.

She walks over and kisses Willow on the forehead and whispers softly, "I love you."

Willow is one... *sad/happy face*
-E:)