Chapter 14: Bye Chris, Hey Chyler!

Chris's POV

I'll see you in 5 days," I say.

I'm leaving for the airport and Melissa and I are standing, huffing in the doorway.

"Okay" she says, letting go and wiping obvious tears from her cheeks, "I'll call you tonight."
"Okay, I love you," I whisper, making a heart with my hands.
"Love you too," she says, folding her hands on top of her bump.
"I'll miss you little one," I lean forward and place a kiss on her stomach.

When I stand up, Melissa pulls me into a kiss.
"I gotta go," I say.

I kiss her forehead one last time and then to open the door.
Before closing it, I mouth 'I love you.'

I barely make it through the entrance at the airport before there's three paparazzi's in front of me.
"Chris! Is Melissa staying back because she's pregnant?" one paparazzi asks me.

I pull my sunglasses out and slip them on.
"Where are you heading?"
Quiet Chris, quiet, I tell myself.

I make it through security and pull out my phone and text Melissa, 'paparazzi at the airport...'

Melissa's POV

After Chris leaves I walk over and sit on the couch. I sigh.
These are going to be some pretty boring 5 days without Chris.

I make some food and sit down on the couch to catch up on a show only I watch because Chris doesn't like it.

When I finish the doorbell rings and I jump from the sound. I walk silently over to the door and look through the peep hole.

It's Chyler.

I open the door slightly and tell her to come in.

When she walks through and closed the door behind her, she gasps. "Oh my goodness! You're so pregnant!"
"I know. I know."
"Mel! This is-"
"What?" I question, laughing at her shocked face.
"I don't know, this is exciting!" she says.
"Were you this big at 31 weeks?" I ask, curiously.
"With Noah, I think I was. But with Taelyn and Anniston, I don't think I was as big," she tells me.

"Okay, would you like some water?" I ask.
"Sure, sure. Did Chris leave?" she asks, looking around at the empty apartment.
"Yes. He's going down to New York for 5 days," I tell her, getting a glass of water.
"Oh? For work?"
"Yeah. He's working on a piece of writing with some other writers," I say while handing her the glass of water.
"That's interesting!"
"It's good for him to get out. We have just been hanging out here for weeks."
"You haven't announced it yet?" she asks, shocked once again.
"No, we want to keep it to ourselves for a bit."
"Good idea."

We're almost at 1k reads! Thank you guys so much!!!
-E