Chapter 72: Chris's Plan

Melissa's POV

We've been in our new house for almost three weeks and I still occasionally run into random boxes that still have to be unpacked.

Our stuff from Vancouver arrived a couple days ago. We now have a couch and a TV in the living room along with a carpet and some lamps and tables.

Chris just left to get some parts for putting a table together that were lost, so I'm sitting with Willow in her room, playing with her and her dolls.

Chris's POV

I have a plan.

A couple weeks ago I decided to propose to Melissa. Now, I can't wait until the baby is born because if I do that means I'll be waiting a couple more months. So, I'm going to have to wait a couple months.

Melissa has been planning this family photo shoot that will take place when baby number two is four months old.

It's the perfect time to propose. We'll all be dressed up in a studio where the public won't see, and there will already be cameras to take pictures. I will try to get my friend, Edward there to help out a little as well.

While I'm on my way to the store to get some parts for a table, I call Edward.

"Chris!" he exclaims when he answers. "How goes it?"
"It's going good." I nod even though he can't see me.
"What're calling for then?" he asks, joking.

"I need your assistance," I tell him.
"With?"
"I'm going to propose to Melissa."

"Wow. Okay," he says. "But aren't you guys basically married? You have a kid together."
"Edward."
"Okay, okay."

"Do you think it's a good idea?" I ask.
"Yes, I think it is great idea. I'm just wondering," he says. "How exactly will involve me?"

"Well. Number one for moral support."
"Okay, check. Got that."

"Number two, there's not going to any reason for friends and family there to watch the kids while it's happening."
"Kids? Plural?" he asks, confused.
"Yes," I say. "Melissa will have already had our second daughter by this time."

"Christopher, Christopher. A father of two girls. Never thought that would happen," Edward jokes.
I laugh. "Yeah, yeah."

"Okay, I'll hold the children, but don't blame me if they start crying because I started crying," he says.
"Okay," I laugh again. "I won't."
"Good talking to you, man," Edward says.
"Thanks, bye." I hang up.

I pull into the parking lot of the store.

Melissa's POV

Chris has a happy look on his face when he walks through the front door.

"Was the store that great?" I ask.
"It was alright. I should have dressed a bit nicer if I knew there would be a lot of teenagers at a hardware store on Tuesday morning." He kicks off shoes.
I laugh a little.

He walks over to where I'm standing by the stairs. "Have you found the perfect name yet?"
"No yet-"

He kisses me before I can explain, placing his hands on my baby bump.
"It's alright," he whispers against my lips.