Chapter 73: Tell the Truth

Melissa's POV

I try to keep my parents updated on what's going on in my life, but I keep forgetting to tell them the big things.

I mean, I don't exactly forget, I just don't put a lot pf effort into telling them.

I texted my mom and said that Chris and I are expecting another baby, I texted that I finsihed filming the series Supergirl, that we moved into a house. And when I said that, she replied, "how bedrooms is there?"
I said, "five."
Then she replied, "we'll come visit soon honey."

Well. They held back from meeting their granddaughter for almost three years because we didn't live in a house.

Our LA apartment had a spare bedroom with a queen sized bed in it that they could have used, but no.

I'm not angry, I just wish they could have told me why they weren't coming to visit.

Now they'll be here in less in two weeks.

They only full-ish bedrooms are mine and Chris's, Willow's and baby number two's that is half done . Which means that we have to go mattress shopping. And we're doing it today.

Chris's POV

"We're always waiting for her," I tell her Melissa. We're waiting by the front door for Willow to come, so we can go mattress shopping. "Willow! Come on, let's go!"

Almost a minute, she comes tearing down the stairs.

"Why dadda?" she asks when she reaches the bottom.
"Because we have to," I say. "Come, get your shoes on."

Reluctantly she listens and slowly puts her shoes on.

Once we're in the car, Melissa says, "let's just pick the best one at the first store we go to."
"Sounds like a plan," I say.

Melissa's POV

Chris and I have had troubles with honestly and communication since Willow was born.

Me, being the pregnant one out of the two of us, I feel more pressure to be strong for both Chris and Willow. I rarely tell Chris when I'm in pain or in need of support, which isn't usually like me.

Chris asks if I'm okay occasionally and I do tell him the truth then, but I keep it to myself mostly.

Like today. I woke up to horrible pains and they didn't stop all through the morning, but I made sure I didn't show it.

Riding in the car doesn't help either, but I don't want to stay back at the house when I don't need to.

"Melissa," Chris says, putting a hand on my knee. "Are you feeling okay?"
I take a deep breath. "Yeah, the baby is just kicking a little."
"Do you want to stay in the car while we go in?" he asks.
"No, it's fine, I'll be fine."

He helps me out of the car, then Willow.

We try out a couple mattresses then order the best one. It'll arrive in less than a week.

The baby starts stretching her legs or arms right before we reach the doors. I try to keep walking, but then end up leaning against the nearest wall in pain.

"Melissa!" Chris says and runs over to me. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," I say, pushing myself off the wall. "I'm fine."
"That didn't look fine," Chris says. He looks over t make sure Willow is still near us."Lean on me."

"What?" I mumble.
"Lean on me," he repeats.

And I do.