Chapter 8: The Work Load Takes It's Toll

Melissa's POV

The last thing I remember was opening my trailer door and now I'm being called back to set.
"Melissa? Melissa!" a person is knocking on my door frantically.
"Yeah," I moan.
"You're on soon," they tell me more calmly now.
"Ok. Thank you," I say, grabbing my lines and opening the door.

On my way to shoot I walk past Greg Berlanti, who's typing in his phone with mad concentration that he doesn't seem to notice me when he walks by. I take a few steps past him before he says, "Melissa?"
"Yes," I turn around and face him.
He takes a few steps towards me, "we got the new filming schedule in, so I'll make sure you get it, okay?"
"Alright."

Chris's POV

I accidentally fell asleep on the couch because it got so late. The sound that wakes me is my phone ringing over and over.

I pick it up, "hey."
"I've got a hungry baby in me," says Melissa.
"Ok mama. I'm coming," I say with a smile.

I hang up and look at the time, it's 9pm! She was at set for 14 hours!
I turn off the TV and dash around grabbing my car keys and some food for her.

When I pull up I see her in the dark, big winter coat with fur on the hood, grey sweat pants, her favourite slipper boots, a cup of tea in one hand, phone in the other.

I open the window, "how're you feeling?"
"I feel like I just filmed an entire season," she says, half laughing and half groaning.
"Aw, I brought some food to eat while we head to Tim Hortons," I tell her and she smiles.
"Thank you. So much."
"Anything for you."

She takes a couple bites of a salad and turns to me, "when I was getting in wardrobe I saw it."
"Saw it?" I ask glancing at her quickly making a weird face.
"Yeah. It. I didn't know it would be so big at only 15 weeks," she says, leaning her head back on the seat.

Melissa's POV

When we get back to the apartment after some donuts and Tim Bits I flip down on the bed and immediately fall asleep. Although, I knew not for long.

I sit straight up, and jump out of bed. Dashing to the bathroom I barely have anytime before I throw up.
I groan. This is miserable.

I grab a cold wash cloth from the closet and put it under the water.
Sitting down on the cold floor, I place the wash cloth on my warm forehead.

I take a couple deep breaths and relax.

Chris's POV

When I wake up she's not next to me in bed, so I walk over to the bathroom and see her lying on the floor with a wash cloth next to her head.
I lift her up gently and carry her back over to bed.

I'm in the kitchen for a couple minutes, making breakfast when she wakes up.
"Chris?"
"Yeah!"
"I don't feel so good," she says.

I walk over to the bed and see her, sitting up with a soaking shirt.
"Okay, lets go to the doctors," I whisper and then run to the closet for a new shirt she can wear.

I just wrote their baby's birth chapter last night...(it's going to be on chapter 20)
-E