Chapter 12: Boy or Girl?

Melissa's POV

The last month and a half have been filled with telling so many people about the pregnancy and filming like crazy.
Thank goodness I am finally done filming until after the baby is born.

I have been laying low on public appearance since I have a decently big baby bump now.

I'm currently digging around in the closet for a big coat I can wear, so I can go to a doctors appointment. We're finding out the gender today and I'm very excited.

"Mel? Are you ready to go yet?" asks Chris from the front room.
"Yeah!" I yell as I pull a big fluffy grey coat out of the closet.

I get to the front eventually and slip on some shoes.
"What do you think? Boy or girl?" Chris asks, placing his hands on either side on my bump.
"Boy," she whispers.
"Nah, I say girl."
"Well, well. We'll just have to see."

Chris's POV

"The baby is looking really healthy," says the ultra sound tech.
My hand is resting on Melissa's shoulder and I can feel her breathing relax.

"You said you wanted to find out the gender today?"
"Yes please," says Melissa.
"Okay, lets just..." her voice trails off for a second and then, "it is a girl."
"Called it," I whisper and Melissa looks up and lightly punches me in the shoulder.

later in the car—

"How about Ivy?" I suggest.
"No, that sounds...just no," Melissa disagrees.
Before we knew it was a girl we had decided on a boys name that we both liked.

"Charlotte?" I suggest again.
"Maybe for a middle name."
A couple seconds later, "what about Hadley?"
"It's alright," I say.
"Okay, ill add it to the list."

Melissa's POV

I'm laying in bed just thinking because it's hard to sleep when the baby keeps moving around.

I picture a little kid running around the apartment, while Chris is chasing her. I smile at the thought quickly before it disappears.

It's going to be hard to have her kept from the public eye for awhile, so we'll have to announce it after she's born I guess.

She'll be born in Vancouver since I won't be flying anywhere anytime soon. Which is okay, but we'll be going down to Los Angeles a couple months after she's born.

My thoughts are silent for a little but while the darkness surrounds me and I feel sleepy for a second. Chris rolls over and he opens his eyes gently.

"What are you thinking about?" he whispers.
"Our baby," I whisper back, turning my head to face his.
"I still think Ivy is a cute name," he says, cheekily.
"I don't," I say.
"Okay, fine. Hummm...what about" he whispers, "Amelia."
"I like it, I guess."
"So, that's a no," says his voice, quiet in the darkness.
"I'll think about it," I whisper and kiss him gently.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
-E