Chapter 55: Packing for LA

(2 weeks after Supergirl series finale was filmed)

Chris's POV

Today we are starting the long processes of packing up our Vancouver apartment.

In a couple days we will be moving to Los Angeles permanently. We're going to put most of our Vancouver apartment stuff in a storage unit in LA until we find a house there.

I think Melissa is having a difficult time letting this apartment go. I'm not either, but I have to stay strong for my girls, Willow is having a hard time understanding what's happening. She's constantly questioning why I or Melissa are putting things from the kitchen or living room in boxes.

I'm sitting on couch reading because I couldn't sleep even though I wanted to. It's 11pm.

I hear voices talking in the hallway occasionally, but they don't wake the girls. At least I thought so.

"Chris?" comes Melissa's voice behind me.
I turn to face her. "Yeah?"
"What are you doing?" she asks.
"Reading," I tell her.
"No you're not. I was standing by the door for five minutes and you didn't flip a single page."
"Fine. I guess I was just thinking," I admit.
"Hmm. About what?" she asks, sitting down next to me in the couch.
"I don't know."

She doesn't say anything, but looks away, out the windows that line the entire wall.

"I'm going to miss Canada," she says after awhile. "Willow was born here and although she did spend the first two years of her life here, she probably won't remember in a couple years."
"We an bring her back sometimes," I say as my eyes follow her gaze out the window.
"Hopefully."

Melissa's POV

We're leaving in a couple days to go move down to LA I've been madly packing up the apartment the past few days before everything gets loaded in a truck.

Another thing though, that I haven't been able to check because Chris, Willow and I haven't left each other's sides in awhile is if I'm pregnant or not. I would rather I not be just yet, but I have a feeling. Just a feeling.

It's the morning. June 5th 2021. We leave in two days.

Willow slept in between Chris and I last night because she claims she felt lonely all by herself in her bed.

We're all sitting in the living room, Chris and I on the couch and Willow laying on the floor with the dogs. I'm trying to finish a book, but she keeps telling Chris and I the most elaborate stories of her dreams that she has been having lately.

Then she stops so I ask, "what are most excited about when we go to LA?"
"Drifft and Farwee," she says in her two-year-old language.
"Me too, sweetheart," I say as I gently touch her light brown hair.

"And your own room," Chris adds.
"Yeah!" she exclaims.

Chris and I exchange a smile in her sudden delight then I go back to reading.

...
-E