Chapter 44: Countries Apart

Melissa's POV

"Bye, I love you," I tell Chris then I kiss him gently.
"I love you too. I'll be back as soon as possible," he says. "Hey you, Willow Marie come give your dad a hug goodbye."

Without hesitation Willow dashes over and collides into Chris's legs, wrapping her arms around them.
"Bye sweet one, I'll miss you," he whispers as he lifts her into his arms.

She points her index finger into his chest and smiles big.
"Good job Lo-Lo. Daddy taught you well," Chris tells her and then sets her on the floor. He turns to me, "okay. Time to go."

He gives me a sympathic look, leaning his head to the side. "I believe in you."

I can't help it. I wipe a tear from my cheek and kiss him again. Below us, Willow is trying to push through our legs.
"Hey Lo-Lo, do you mind?" Chris laughs as he looks down at her.
She looks up and giggles, pushing through our legs.

Chris's POV

Every time I leave Melissa it pains me. Even before we had Willow it hurt my heart to leave.

Especially since Melissa is going to be working for most of the day which means she'll have to bring Willow along with her on set.

I land in Atlanta, Georgia at 8:28pm. I'm exhausted and just want to go to my hotel, but I have to go and get some papers from Jerry at his office.

I pick up a rental car because I'll be here for nine days.

I knock on Jerry's office door at 9:40pm.
"Chris!" he says, jumping out of his chair. "Thank you for coming even though it's so late!"
"Yeah, no problem."

"Did you just get here?" he asks.
I check my phone to see the time. "Yes, about an hour ago."
"Oh, sorry about that."
"It's fine, it's fine."

"Okay. The papers, where did I put them?" he starts going through piles and piles of paper before he finds the right ones. "Here you are."

"Thank you," I say as I take the papers from his hands.
"See you tomorrow. Good night."
"Goodnight Jerry."

Melissa's POV

Willow wasn't as bad on set as I thought she would be. I mean Chyler wasn't shooting a lot at the same time as me so she watched her.

In two days though, I have to pack our bags for Los Angeles because we have to film a couple scenes there for the first few episodes. That means that it will be me, Drift, Farley and Willow on an airplane together. Great. That won't be hard at all.

"Willow Marie. In bed. Let's go."
She looks up at me, sets her toys down and runs past me into the bedroom.

I do love how she listens the first time when I tell her to do something.

I hate this chapter sorry not sorry
-E