Chapter 59: First Doctors Appointment

Chris's POV

It's been a day since Melissa told me the news about the pregnancy and I'm still surprised. Surprised in a good way.

The moment she told me she agreed to having another baby after Supergirl finished, I knew this day would come. I just didn't expect it to come so soon is all.

It's almost seven thirty in the morning. I've been awake for a little bit, just staring at the plain ceiling.

Melissa rolls over onto her back beside me. "Good morning," she whispers.
"Good morning to you."

"Look," she says as she pushes down the blankets and pulls her shirt a little ways up to reveal her stomach.
She takes my hand and places it on her stomach.
"That's where he or she is," she says.

I look down at my hand. I notice a thin scar across her stomach. She sees me looking. "Hopefully won't have two of those."
"I don't think you will," I say.
"We'll have to wait and see."

Melissa's POV

Today I have my first doctors appointment for baby number two. I'm excited because I like to plan ahead, so once I know when she or he is due, I can start the nursery.

Willow was unexpected, obviously. She came right in the middle of filming time. We were living Vancouver. Our apartment had basically two rooms altogether, so Willow never really had her own room. This time we need to be more prepared.

"Chris! Are you ready to go?" I call from the kitchen.

Chyler is coming over to watch Willow for an hour or two while Chris and I are at the doctors.

"Yes. I'm ready," he says, walking through the doors of the kitchen.
"Okay. Chyler said she'd be here in five minutes."
"Alright."

Chyler arrives two minutes late, but we still have time. Two minutes isn't that bad.

On the way to the appointment Chris asks, "are you nervous?"
"No."
"I'm a little nervous and I'm not the pregnant one," he says.
"Why?" I laugh.
"I'm not sure."

Once we get to the doctors office, we don't wait long before my name is called. "Melissa?"
I stand and follow her into a room, Chris close behind me.

Then, after a couple minutes, "well, there's definitely something in there."
I keep my eyes on the screen.

"You're around twelve weeks along," the tech says. "If you come back in six to eight weeks and we might be able to see the gender."

While we're driving home, I say to Chris, "still think it's a boy?"
"Yep," he replies, eyes focused on the road in-front of him.
"I don't know about that," I say.

He takes a quick glance at me, smiles, then looks back at the road.

This ended up being really short, I apologize.
-E