Chapter 66: Chyler Visits

Chris's POV

Melissa didn't sleep at all last night. I kept waking up every time she would turn over.

Finally I asked if she was okay.
"No, I'm not. She's rolling around in me and it hurts. A lot," she said.
"Do you want to get up and walk around?" I asked.
"Sure."

I helped her out of bed and we walked around the apartment at two in the morning, our arms linked together.

After around twenty five minutes we sat down on the couch and watched the movement in the city below.

She ended up falling asleep on my shoulder, so I didn't move for three hours until she woke up at five.

It's now currently ten in the morning. Willow is laying in the rug in the living room, rolling around with Perri and Farley. Drift is just laying in the corner watching the girls play around.

Melissa is doing some yoga in the bedroom because it helps her apparently. I'm not going to argue.

I'm sitting in the living sending and reading through emails.

Melissa's POV

Chyler called earlier and asked if we could get lunch together, but I said she could come to the apartment to see Willow and the new dog. And she agreed to come over at three in the afternoon today.

I finish doing some yoga and come into the living room where Chris and Willow are.

"Hey," Chris says. "Are you feeling better?"
"Yes," I say. "Just tired."
"Why don't you take a nap?" he suggests.
"I might. Chyler is coming in two and a half hours," I tell him.
"Alright."

Chyler arrives right on time.

I slowly make it to the door. "Hi."
"Hey, you!" She exclaims, then noticed the baby bump. "You're-"
"Yep."
"I didn't know," she says as she walks in the door.
"Sorry. I haven't told that many people yet."
"Well, congratulations." She smiles.
"Thanks." I smile back.

I lead her into the living room where only Perri and Farley are now.
"Is this the new one?" Chyler asks, crouching down to pet Perri.
"Yeah. Her name is Perri," I say.
"Perri. That's cute."

I sit on the couch and she sits across from me in a chair.

"So, what have you been up to?" I ask.
"Nathan and I took the kids on a little road trip to Seattle because one of Nathan's friends moved up there a couple weeks ago. What about you?"
"We bought a house that's just outside of LA a few days ago. Willow and I went and got Perri two days ago from a dog shelter and that's about all we've been doing."

"Speaking of Willow, where's she at?" Chyler asks.
"Probably in her room," I say as I get up.

I walk down the hallway and open Willows bedroom door. She's sitting on the floor playing LEGO's.
"Hey, Lo," I say. "Chyler is here. Do you remember her?" I ask.
She shakes her head.
"Come here, then you can see."

I lead her out into the living room. Her face lights up a little when she recognizes Chyler.

"Hey Willow!" Chyler exclaims as she hugs Willow. "How're you?"
"Good," says Willow, her voice tiny.
I smile at the two of them.