Chapter 33: Melwood and Willow in NYC

Melissa's POV

After narrowly avoiding a whole airplane of people trying to get pictures of Willow, we made it to the hotel without our daughter being exposed.

I set up pillows on sides of second bed so Willow won't fall off during the night. I unpack some of her clothes until I find some pyjamas to dress her in.

Chris comes out of the bathroom, "what are we going to do about milk?"
"I was going to run to the store real quick," I reply.
"Okay."

I finish putting her in her pyjamas and I grab a coat and my shoes then head out the door to the store.

It takes a couple minutes, but I find the right kind of milk and head back to the hotel.

When I arrive, I quietly open the door and see the cutest thing ever. Chris is asleep sprawled out on the bed, snoring a little. Then Willow, who always looks adorable is sleeping on the other bed in a blanket Chris must have wrapped her in before he collapsed.

I gently pick up Willow in my arms after I pour some milk in her bottle and she drinks it relatively fast. I guess because she hasn't eaten as much as she usually does in a day today since we were travelling.

I rock her in my arms and wait until she falls asleep then I get ready for bed.
I turn off the light and tuck myself in next to Chris, who I had to push over a little in order to fit in.

Chris's POV

I wake to my 9 week year old daughter crying on the top of her lungs.

I see Melissa hasn't woke up, so I quickly put Willow in my arms and walk into the hallway to go outside to get her some fresh air.

Once we've been outside for 15 minutes, my phone vibrates in my pocket.
It's Melissa. 'Where'd you go?'
'Outside with Lo,' I reply then I head back inside to the hotel room.

"How was outside?" Melissa asks when we come back into the room.
"Chilly, fresh New York air. Hey Lo-Lo," I say, sitting down next to Melissa on the bed.

"When's your meeting?"
"At 1pm," I tell her as I hand her Willow so I can go get ready for the day ahead of me.

Melissa's POV

After Chris leaves for his meeting, I dress Willow in a cute outfit, feed her and then get dressed myself.

10 minutes later, Willow and I are ready to hit the loud, rusty streets of New York City.

We go to a few local baby stores within a decent walking distance of the hotel. Around 3pm I decide to head back to the hotel to feed Willow.

'How're my girls doing?' Chris texts me while I'm standing in the elevator, holding Willow in a carrier covered with a blanket.
'Missing you,' I reply to him.

The elevator opens and I head down the hallway to the room until Chris comes back for dinner.

Hey y'all.
Question: Which name do you like better?
Iliana Charlotte
Brinley Charlotte
Vera Charlotte
Emmy Charlotte
Or
Leia Charlotte

-E