Chapter 9: Doctors and Sisters

Melissa's POV

Why is this any different from before? Why all the sudden did I just feel worse,

"Hey, Mel. You're going to be okay," whispers Chris in the dark of the car.

It's four in the morning and he's taking me to the doctors.

After doing some tests the doctors says I might have Anemia.
"It's something a pregnancy can cause. It's when the body has lower than the normal number of healthy red blood cells. Have you been feeling tired or weak almost?" asks the doctor.
"Yes. At work, during and after. Also, just not having the same motivation to do certain things," I tell him.
"Okay, so I'll give you some medicine for the Anemia. The other part though maybe sounds like pre-pardum depression possibly," says the doctor and I sigh.

Behind me Chris squeezes my shoulder lightly, reassuringly.
"It'll be okay," he whispers, kissing the top of my head.

The doctor hands me the medication, "take one everyday around the same time if you can. As for the pre-pardum depression I would say see a therapist if it's possible."
"Okay, thank you," I say with a smile that doesn't meet my eyes.

Chris's POV

It's 6:30am when we arrive at the apartment. I stand in the doorway awhile, as she goes into the kitchen and gets a glass of water.

"I have to be at set in 2 hours," she says, drinking her water.
"Okay. Then maybe you should get some rest?"
"Eh, I'm not really tired," she grabs some cereal and pours it in a bowl.
"Okay."

She sits down on the stool, so I walk over and sit next to her. Gently she placed her hand on her stomach like it's a fragile object. After a minute or so she lifts up her shirt and whispers, "that's a baby."
"It is," I whisper back and she giggles a little.

—2 hours later—

After I drop Melissa off at set I drove into a parking lot and stayed there.
I brought my laptop so I open it and click on a writing document.
Dear Little One (16 weeks),
Last night your mom woke up at 4 in the morning and we drove to the doctors. The doctors gave her some medicine and also told her some not-so-Good news. But I know she's strong and she'll make it through. You're so lucky to have her as a mother.
-Your daddy.

Melissa's POV

I'm no fools. Chris did not go home after dropping me off. I watched as he drove down the street and to the right instead if left, which is the way home is.
I shrug it off and head to hair and makeup.

While I'm sitting, getting my hair curled my phone rings. I pick it up and see it's my sister, Jessica.

"Hey, Jessica."
"Melissa! Hi! Did you get my package?"
"Yes," I tell her, remembering the package that arrived in the mail awhile ago. Chris thought I had ordered it, but I didn't. I knew it was from my sister.

"Okay, good. If you could go though it and take the baby clothes than were yours out then send it to Kris to look through," she tells me just like a big sister would.

"I will. Hey, have you heard from mom lately?" I ask.
"Uh, no. Why?"
"I texted her and tried to call her. I wanted to tell her something."
"What is it?" she questions.

And I hold my breath.

Updating again tomorrow.
-E