Chapter 3: Overall Disaster

Melissa's POV
I can't even go home and rest because I have to go to and film a TV show.

When I arrive on set I immediately feel so overwhelmed with everyone talking and I collapse as soon as I get into my trailer.

I barely sit down before someone knocks at my door.
"Mel? You're needed in hair and makeup."
"Thank you!" I say even though I don't want to leave this couch anytime soon.

I finally get up and grab a bottle of water and a book as I head out the door.

"Hey, Mel. Are you okay?" Chyler asks, walking up to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tell her as I reach the stairs of the hair and makeup trailer.

"Oh, good. You just look a bit pale that's all," she says then walks off. And as I glance in the mirror I see that she's right. I do look pale.

Chris's POV
Melissa hasn't called or texted me all day. I hope everything's okay and that she didn't just forget about me altogether. It won't matter because I'll see her in two days.

Today's the last day of meetings though and then I'm going to a writing group tomorrow. I do know that Melissa is filming today all day so that might be why she hasn't called or texted.

So, I take the initiative and text her, 'hi love, hows your day going?'
I put my phone back in my pocket and head into the spacious meeting room that I've been in for the past week.

Melissa's POV

And Chris! Oh boy, how am I going to tell him. We've never once talked about having kids.
For goodness sake we've only known each other for 2 years and now I'm pregnant with his child.

I'm sitting in my trailer, eating lunch and researching tips for new mothers. It's not helping really, but it's something to keep my mind busy.

DING

A text from Chris. I should probably call him, but he's going to be in meetings for awhile.

'hi love, how's your day going?' reads the text.
I reply, 'Good thanks. When can I call you?'
I set my phone down and continue reading baby-related stuff on my laptop.

Chris's POV

I finish my last meeting for the day, so I start heading back to the hotel when I remember to check my phone for texts.

One from Melissa, 'Good thanks. When can I call you?'
And a few others that I can get to later.

'Are you busy right now?' I text her and look up just in time to see a biker fly right into me.

And the last thing I hear is, "Oh my gosh!" before I get knocked out from the impact of hitting the ground.

Sorry, I don't usually like dramatic or hurtful stories but I also don't like sappy, cheesy scenes where the woman tells the man she's pregnant so now now she'll have to tell him over the phone.
-E:)