Chapter 74: The Parents are Here

Chris's POV

Melissa's parents are coming today. I have met them briefly awhile ago when Melissa and I started dating.

So, in other words, I'm nervous. Very nervous.

They haven't met Willow before and I highly doubt they even knows what she looks like when she's their granddaughter. They should have come awhile ago, but it's not like me telling them to come and visit would have changed their minds anyways.

"Chris," Melissa says. "Hey. I can go pick them up from the airport, it's fine. You don't have to go."

We're sitting at the dinner table, eating dinner. I'm leaving to pick up Melissa's parents in thirty minutes.

"No, I'll be good," I tell her. "You stay here and rest. The baby could arrive any day now."
"Okay, if you're absolutely sure," she says, then continues to eat.

Thirty minutes go by super fast and before I know it, I'm in the car heading to the LAX airport.

I pull up in front of the entrance doors just as Melissa's parents walk through them.

I basically leap out of the car, then walk around the front of the car. I wave in their direction, trying to get their attention. Their eyes land on me and they start walking over.

"You must be Christopher," Melissa's mom says, extending her hand out to me.
"Yes, I am," I say, calmly. "Can I put your bags n the trunk for you?"
"That would be wonderful," her mom says. "Nice car selection."
"Thank you," I say as I take their bags to the back of the car. "Melissa picked it out."

After I finish putting the bags in the trunk I gesture for them to get into the car.

Melissa's dad takes the front seat, her mom in the back seat.

"How long have you known my daughter?" Melissa's dad asks once we've pulled away from the airport.
"A little over five years," I tell him.

He makes a little hmm in his throat, but doesn't say another word the rest of the way to the house.

Melissa's POV

Chris looks panicked when he arrives home with my parents.

"Melissa!" my mom almost yells when she sees me.
"Hi, mom," I say.

She pulls me into an extremely painful hug. "How are you doing?"
"Good."
"Great, great," she mumbles, looking me up and down.
"Chris," I nod over to him. "Could you show them up to the guest room?"
"Sure thing," he says, then starts up the stairs, my parents following close behind.

Once they are out of the room I go down the hall to the kitchen where Willow is quietly eating her ice cream.

"Willow," I say. "Your grandparents are here."
She looks around the kitchen. "Where?"
"Upstairs, love," I tell her.

She almost jumps off the stool.

I stop her, "finish your dessert first please."
She makes a pouty face at me just as Chris walks back into the kitchen.

"Dadda," Willow exclaims.
"Hi, Lo-Lo," he says. "Melissa?"
"Hmm?" I say, looking up at him.
"Your mom asked to talk with you upstairs."
"Oh?" I ask, surprised.
"Yeah." He nods.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MELWOOD STORY ON MY PROFILE @melwoodmiracle :)