Chapter 29: Chris's Mom Arrives

(Willow is 6 weeks old now)

Melissa's POV

"Today is a busy day," I say to Chris who is reading next to me in bed.
"What time is Lo's appointment?" he asks, putting his book to the side and looking over at the crib where she is sleeping.
"3pm," I say. "When I finish on set at 1:30pm, I'll go pick up your mom from the airport. Then I'll come here, get Willow ready and take here to get appointment while you stay here with your mom."
"Sounds good."
"Okay."

Chris's POV

Melissa has been stressing out for the past week. When she went because of the pregnancy, the CW had to reschedule a bunch of the episodes. She's been on set for hours lately. And last week they needed her in LA, so she was forced to leave Willow and I for a couple days.

My mom bought tickets to come to Vancouver to see Willow two weeks ago. I tried to convince her to wait until we went to New York in three weeks, but she couldn't wait any longer to see her granddaughter.

"I love you," Melissa says and kisses Willow in the forehead. "I love you," she says again, but kisses me on the lips this time.
"Have fun on set."
"I'll try," she whispers and then leaves.

I get Willow's milk heated up in a bottle and then sit on the couch, holding her while I help her drink it.

After the bottle is empty, I take her into our bedroom and lay her on our bed with me to take a nap.

Melissa's POV

"How's the baby?" asks Chyler when I arrive on set.
"She's good," I tell her, fidgeting with my bag.
"Mel."
"What?" I ask, side glancing her.
"I know that face, what's up with you?"
"I'm just-,"
"Just?"
"Stressed, is all."

"I know. New motherhood is stressful. It is for everyone. You aren't the only one going through it," she reassures me.

I make it through 5 hours of filming then quickly go to the airport to pick up Chris's mom.

"Melissa! Sweetie!" she exclaims when I pull at the airport.
"Hi. How was the flight?" I ask, hugging her.
"Boring as usual," she says, dramatically.

"Chris is at home with the baby."
"I can't wait to see her!"

Chris's POV

I fall asleep next to Willow and awake to ten sound of the front door unlocking.

It's 2:20!

"Chris?" asks Melissa's voice.
"I'm in the bedroom!"

She opens the door and I see my mom behind her.
"Mom! Hi!" I say, jumping out of bed without moving Willow.
"Chris! I missed you!" she says, embracing me in a hug.

When I let go, she walks over and sees Willow for the first time in person.
"She adorable, you two!"

Question: Would you guys want to read Sprousehart Fanfiction? (Lili Reinhart & Cole Sprouse from Riverdale)

-E