Chapter 54: Series Finale of Supergirl

Melissa's POV

Today is a sad day. Today the show I love so dearly is coming to an end. I knew it wouldn't last forever.

"Willow! Come on, it's time to go!" Chris calls from the door.
Within a couple seconds, she comes dashing out of the bedroom. Chris leans down and holds out his arms for her to jump into. She takes the cue and bolts right into his arms.

"We're going to be late," I say, smiling at the two of them on the floor.

When we arrive in set, I'm given flowers and hugs. There's crying people scattered around, wiping their eyes constantly.

"You did a fantastic job, Melissa," someone from the crew tells me.

Chyler walks up at hugs me without saying anything until she lets me go. "I'm going to miss the late-night shoots. Those were my favourite."
"I'm going to miss those too."
"Yeah."

"Are you staying in Los Angeles now?" I ask, meanwhile behind me Chris is tossing Willow up in the air which is causing her to make a loud squealing noise.
"That's what I'm planning on," she says. "What about you guys?"
"We're probably going to move down to LA permanently."
"It is easier to get work there," Chyler points out.
"Yeah."

We saved one scene from the final episode to film today, so everyone is here. The scene has Chyler, me, David, Katie, Nicole, Jesse, Mehcad and a few others from Season 6.

I tried to hold back my tears until we got home, but I ended up crying rivers after the scene finished. Chris came up next to me with Willow in his arms and squeezed my shoulders. "I'm so proud of you."
"Thank you."

Chris's POV

We spent basically the entire day on set of Supergirl. Melissa was crying along with everyone else, including me sometimes.

Willow, on the other hand, had no clue what was happening whatsoever. She kept looking at me like, "are you okay?"

"I'm getting tired," Melissa tells me.
We're all in a once-empty room, but is now covered in Supergirl crew and cast, old and new.
"I think Willow is too," I say even though it's quite obvious. She's draped over my shoulder, clearly asleep.

"I don't know how she's sleeping, it's so loud in here," Melissa says.
"I don't know either."

Around 11pm when we've been there for almost ten hours, we head home for the night.

Willow woke up when I had to take her out of her car seat and she cried all the way up the stairs because I woke her up apparently.

As soon as I unlock the door, Willow brushes past my legs and crawls right into bed with her clothes that she spent all day in on.

"Willow," Melissa groans when she sees that Willow is still in her regular clothes. "Don't you want to change?"
"Leave me alone," corms the muffled two-year-old response from Willow's bed.

I smile at Melissa and she smiles back with a slight eye roll.
"We're going to have quite the teenager," she whispers.
"Yes we are." I laugh.

You know when you're just so sad about something that you can't move? That would be me when Supergirl ends.
-E