Chapter 60: Melwood

Melissa's POV

I didn't sleep all night. I was tossing and turning for a couple hours before I finally got up around three in the morning.

It was dark outside except for the lights if the city below, glowing throughout the night. I sat out in the balcony, watching life move about.

I realized with a start that if it's three in the morning then it's the first day of July. In a couple days, I'll be going for interviews with the rest of the Supergirl cast.

I've been sitting outside for awhile when Chris comes and sits in the chair next to me.
"Can't sleep?" he asks.
"No," I say, my eyes not leaving the world laid out before me.

"What's on your mind that keeping you up?" he whispers and I can feel his gaze directed right at me.
"I'm not sure..." I say. "Just, life."
"Life has lots of depth to it."

We're both silent for a couple minutes before Chris speaks up. "You know, I don't say this often because when I do I like it to be in a time of need for it."

I look at him finally. He has extreme bedhead, but his gorgeous eyes are shining in the faint moonlight.

"I'm so proud of you," he says. "Everything you do, you just put so much effort and passion into it. When you were on Broadway in New York, Supergirl, being a such a wonderful mother to Willow and so much more, I know you know. Yet here I am, witnessing this amazing, wonderful, talented, beautiful human being doing all and everything she loves, along with letting me be apart of her life."

My tears started after the first sentence.

He puts his hand on my cheek. "I love you."
"I love you too," I sob.

He watches as I keep crying happy tears, and wipes each tear away with his thumb. Under my rapid thoughts and tears I hear him say so quietly, "you're beautiful."

I close my eyes and when I open them, his face, which is now right there, seems so much closer than it did before I closed my eyes. I brush away a final tear off my cheek and lean into kiss him. I forget all worries I've ever had for a couple seconds before I need to breath.

Chris's POV

By the time Willow wakes up at seven, I'm already ready to go back to sleep for the day.

"Can you make waffles dadda?" Willow asks.
"What do you say, Lo?"
"Please, dadda?" she says, hugging my legs.
"Alright. Go ask your mom if she wants some too."
"Okay," she says then runs off to Melissa, who is sitting in the living room.

After we all finish a breakfast of waffles, Willow gets dressed and we go to her favourite park in LA.

Melissa is semi-determined to keep the pregnancy hidden just like she did before, so she almost refused to come with us, but Willow begged her and she wouldn't refuse Willow.

"Mamma! Push me!" yells Willow, who is swaying back and forth on a swing.
Melissa pushes her slightly and Willow looks back at her with a disapproving face,
Melissa and I laugh a little before she pushes her again, this time with Willow approval.

I was having a bad day when I wrote this. That's why it's a bit cheesy.
-E