Chapter 25: Coming Into Reality

Chris's POV

The day before the doctors said we could leave with Willow they take her for tests that other babies would have gotten done within a day of their birth.

"She'll be fine," I tell Melissa as they take Willow out of the room.
"I know," she whispers and I squeeze her hand.

While she's gone Melissa and I look through our pictures of her.
"They're all so adorable," says Melissa.
"Look at those eyes," I say, tilting my phone to show her a picture.

After around two hours they come back with Willow. The first thing I notice is that the pump that was helping her breathe before is no longer connected to her.

"Miss Willow did so good," says the nurse who is holding her.
"Good job sweet one," Melissa says as the nurse gently placed Willow in her arms.
"I'm so proud of you Lo-Lo," I whisper, running my palm along her soft head.

Melissa's POV

After I dress Willow in some clothes, I lay her down on my hospital bed and watch her intently as she smiled and waved her arms. I smile at her and she smiles with only her gums showing.

While I'm eating dinner and Chris is holding Willow, my phone starts ringing.
I look down and see that it's Greg Berlanti, the executive producer of Supergirl.

"Who is it?" asks Chris, looking up from our daughter in his arms.
"Greg Berlanti," I say, picking up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hi! Melissa," says Greg.
"Hi, Greg."
"How're you doing?" he asks.
"Alright. How about you?"
"I'm good," he says. "I was just calling to inform you that we'll need a couple shots for the episode coming soon. Will you be up to that in 2 days?"

I look up at Chris, "I'll have to ask the doctors. I just gave birth a little over a week ago."
"Really! That's wonderful. Yes, make sure you're able, but it won't be lots of action. Just a few talking scenes is all we need."
"Okay. I'll ask."
"Good, good. Thank you."

I finish the call and immediately Chris asks, "what did he say?"
"He needs a few shots for the next episode."
"Did you say that you had a C-section recently?" he asks, lightly rocking Willow back and forth.
"I said I just had her a little over a week ago and he said he still needs the shots."
"Okay, well" he starts, "just make sure you get lots of rest."

Chris's POV

Melissa falls asleep after finishing dinner, so I'm left with Willow.

I have to be very careful because if Willow cries, there goes Melissa's good nights rest.

I open the suitcase and pull out some pyjamas I packed for her and then some for me.

I set her down on a bed the hospital has for her and gently slide her into the pyjamas.

I tuck her in and kiss her on the forehead whispering good night. Then I get into my own pyjamas. I get under my own blankets and fall asleep soon after.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
-E