Chapter 32: Willow's First Time on an Airplane

Melissa's POV

"Everyone ready?" I call out from the front door.

Chris and I are taking Willow to New York at the same time Chris's mom is leaving to go back to Ohio today.

Chris comes out of the bedroom with his suitcase in one hand and Willow in the other, his mom following behind him.

"Yes," says Chris. "Did you get all of Willow's stuff?"
"I did," I tell him as he slips his shoes on and throws his coat over his free shoulder.
"Good. Okay."

I take Willow from his arms and sit her in her seat. We three file out the door, the baby in my hand, Chris locking it behind us.

When we arrive at the airport, I get out of the back and walk over to the other side to cover Willow with a blanket in case there's a paparazzi around.

We get through security without Willow crying and I can tell Chris is very relieved.

"Thank you for everything," I tell Chris's mom when it comes time to separate.
"Thank you for making my son so happy," she whispers in my ear while we're hugging.
I smile at her and then she leans down to say goodbye to her granddaughter.

Chris's POV

Having my mom with us for 3 weeks has been an absolute joy for both Melissa and I, but all good joyful things must come to an end.

"I'll see you for the holidays," my mom tells me then pulls me into a long hug.
"Will do."

Melissa and I wave goodbye as she gets on the plane then we go a few gates down to wait to board our airplane to New York City.

"I really hope she won't cry," Melissa says once we're sat down to wait.
"It will be her first time in the air, so she probably will," I point out.
She looks over and glares at me.
"I'm just saying," I whisper and she goes back to reading.

Melissa's POV

Once we are settled in our seats on the airplane, I start to get more worried that Willow will throw a fit for the entire flight and then everyone on the airplane will hate us.

Chris is bouncing her up and down on his knee and she's giggling for right now.

He looks over at me. "Melissa, calm down. It'll be fine."
"Hopefully," I whisper.

When the plane takes off and Willow hasn't cried yet, I relax and her hair lightly. "Good job baby girl."

She falls asleep after an hour and only wakes up when the plane lands in New York City.

That's when everything goes down hill.

She hasn't eaten in 4 hours so I know why she's crying, but there's nothing I can do about it right now while everyone is trying to get off the airplane.

"Shh Willow, it's okay baby," I whisper to her, rocking her gently in my arms.

"Hey! Are you Melissa Benoist from that show Supergirl?" someone asks from behind me.
I look up at Chris and he grabs a blanket to cover Willow in my arms.
"Yeah," I say. "I am."

HEY YALL my first chapter of my Sprousehart fanfiction is out! @melwoodmiracle "The Light of Sprousehart"
-E