Chapter 11: More and More

Chris's POV

When Melissa gets in the car when I pick her up from set she says, "I missed like 5 calls from Jessica and a few from Kristina."
"We can call them right now," I suggest, starting to drive.
"Okay."

When she gets ahold of Jessica, "hey, Melissa! Sorry, were you at set when I called?"
"Yeah, I was. But it's alright."
"Okay, good. What were you going to tell me yesterday?"
"Hold on, let me add Kristina in the call."
"Mel!" exclaims Kristina when she answers the phone.
"Hey Kris," says Melissa.
"Kris! Hi!" Jessica says.
"Hey Jess."
"Okay" Melissa starts glancing at me, "I just wanted to tell you guys that my boyfriend, Chris and I are expecting a baby in early April."

Melissa's POV

"Melissa! That's so great! I'm so happy for you two!" says Kris and I can hear her excitement in her voice.
"Aw Mel! You're growing up too fast! That's great news lil sis," exclaims Jessica.
"Thank you guys," I whisper into the phone.

"Is Christopher there?" asks Kris.
"Yes I am," Chris says, keeping his eyes on the road.
"Christopher" she says with honesty, "you are going to be a fantastic dad."
I smile. He is.

—an hour later—

Once we're back at the apartment around 7pm and I've started dinner when Chris asks if we could FaceTime his mom.
"Sure," I say, smiling.
"Okay, I know you've had to say it so many times, so I can this time."
"If you would like," I tell him, sitting down at the dinner table next to him where he's set up his computer.

Chris's POV

"Hi, mom," I say when my mom answers the FaceTime call.
"Chris! Honey, I miss you!"
"I miss you too mom."
"Now. Why FaceTime you know I don't like FaceTime," she demands, still smiling though.
"Well, I haven't seen your face recently."
"True. True," she ponders.

I look over at Melissa and say, "mom, Melissa and I have some news for you."
"Oh?"
"Melissa is pregnant," I tell her and her immediately lights up.
"Chris! Melissa! That's wonderful news. Now I'll be a grandmother to two angels!"
"Yes, you will," I say.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
-E