Chapter 37: Back to Normal

Melissa's POV

I film for most of the day for the week I am in LA, walk the dogs and spend an hour or two at night talking to Chris and hearing the little noises Willow makes every once in awhile until he puts her to bed.

I finish filming Season 4 on Friday after being there for a week and a half. I decide to bring the dogs to Vancouver to see Chris and meet Willow.

I pack up the apartment and take the car to the airport. The dogs and I make it a decent amount of the way into the airport beofre someone asks for a picture and thern attracts more attention which almost makes me late for my flight.

When I walk out of the Vancouver airport, Chris is standing with his head in the back seat of the car, hid butt sticking out.

"Chris?" I say.
"Melissa," he says, turning, but keeping one hand on the bottle that Willow is drinking out of.

He pulls the bottle out of her mouth gently and I walk up to him.
"I missed you," I say then press my mouth to his without thinking about people seeing around us.
"I missed you too."

I let go and walk around him to see my daughter.
"Hey little one," I whisper, kissing her forehead then brushing my palm through her hair.

"Down Drift," says Chris and I look to see him laughing as Drift licks his face.

I close the back door and bring the dogs to the other side. They pile in and settle next to Willow, but don't touch her yet.

I get in the passenger seat next to Chris and we pull away from the airport.

Chris's POV

Melissa barely sleeps on flights when she's by herself, so the second we get home she prepares for bed.

"It's six thirty Melissa," I point out as I set my cup of water down.
"I know, but I didn't sleep last night," she says.

Suddenly, Willow starts crying from her swing on the floor, I rush ove rto her, but Melissa beats me to it.
She looks up at me. "I've got it."

She lifts up Willow and brings her to the couch where she sits, then opens up her favourite poem book and reads it to Willow.

I sit at the dining room table and watch her as she reads the poem to Willow who is slowly calming down.

She gets up and starts getting a bottle for her, but she only has one hand. I get up and take the bottle from her hand.

"I've got it," I say with a smile.
She smiles back and takes the baby into the bedroom to lay her in bed.

I heat up the milk and bring it to Melissa.
"Thank you," she says, taking the bottle.
"You're a great mother," I whisper in her ear then flop onto the bed.

After Willow is done, Melissa sets the bottle down on the side table and lies down next to me.

"I can rest, go have some dinner," she says.
"I'll help you fall asleep."

She doesn't argue and snuggles up to me. I wrap my arms around her and a couple minutes later, her breathing evens out and she falls asleep.

Hope y'all enjoyed!
-E
P.S. I just finished writing chapter 50...